CES Photo Galleries 1, 2 & 3
Jan 11, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #17 of 26
For those of you interested I posted my image gallery from day 2 at CES. On the second day I started in the high end audio rooms in the Venetian then moved to the main CES area in the convention center. There were a ton of things going on over there including the auto electronics area. I included some shots of a few neat cars that were on display and some very nice McIntosh car audio equipment. My personal favorites of the entire day have to be the the three B&W speakers on display, including the original Nautilus, and the "patriotic" turntables.

Here is a link to the gallery CES Day 2: High End Audio Photo Gallery | Computer Audiophile

small-music-ces187.jpg
small-music-ces1.jpg

Jan 11, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #19 of 26
Thanks, wish I had one of those new Ayre preamps.

Jan 12, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #23 of 26
What is that monster called anyway, the mbl Extreme or something? I've never actually seen one of those in real life, nor do mbl show it on their website. Does anyone have any specifications?

As far as I can tell, it is a glorified quad 101E in two towers. I like!

It's also interesting that they bother toeing these speakers in since the tweeters, midrange and woofer Radialstrahlers radiate sound in all directions. Only the bass tower is dynamic, but subwoofers aren't anywhere near as direction-specific as conventional cone tweeters/mid-ranges.

Definitely one of my favourite speakers to listen to.
large-music-ces32.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing!

Jan 12, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is that monster called anyway, the mbl Extreme or something? I've never actually seen one of those in real life, nor do mbl show it on their website. Does anyone have any specifications?

As far as I can tell, it is a glorified quad 101E in two towers. I like!

It's also interesting that they bother toeing these speakers in since the tweeters, midrange and woofer Radialstrahlers radiate sound in all directions. Only the bass tower is dynamic, but subwoofers aren't anywhere near as direction-specific as conventional cone tweeters/mid-ranges.

Thanks so much for sharing!

I can't remember what they called it :frowning2: I had never seen them in real life either so I had them on the to of my list to check out. I love your comment about toeing them in!

One of these days I am going to give the Sonus Fabers another chance. I haven't liked the sound of them in the past, but maybe they take time to get used to. Surely one of the best looking products available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back