CES Photo Galleries 1, 2 & 3
Jan 9, 2008 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

cconnaker

100+ Head-Fier
Jan 9, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #3 of 26
Large171.jpg

I Wonder what their new cartridges will go for..

Nick

Jan 9, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick 214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Large171.jpg

I Wonder what their new cartridges will go for..

Nick

Oh, my! I thought that the Mcintosh TT's were really ugly when I saw them in Stereophile, but this picture changes that opinion.
Any word on cost?

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

That is seriously cool.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/fi...y/Large170.jpg
But personally, the double MBLs..
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/fi...ry/Large17.jpg
Take my cake.
Nick

I went back to listen for a longer period of time and different music on the MBLs this afternoon. The whole system does sound pretty live, but there was something about it that was missing for me. In a way I felt like I was hearing the music, but it wasn't necessarily coming from the "stage". Like I was in the music more than listening to it.

On the other hand, I also went back and listened at length to the McIntosh room. So far this is my favorite sound of the show. This afternoon I was listening to James Taylor on vinyl and it sounded superb!

Jan 9, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by cconnaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went back to listen for a longer period of time and different music on the MBLs this afternoon. The whole system does sound pretty live, but there was something about it that was missing for me. In a way I felt like I was hearing the music, but it wasn't necessarily coming from the "stage". Like I was in the music more than listening to it.

On the other hand, I also went back and listened at length to the McIntosh room. So far this is my favorite sound of the show. This afternoon I was listening to James Taylor on vinyl and it sounded superb!

I think you've just heard what an "omni" system sounds like. You hear the room more than the sound-stage. It's an acquired taste, not something I love, but I respect MBL for putting out such innvovative products, and going balls-out for a show. I just think it says somethings about the company's passion.

Nick

Jan 9, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

I think you've just heard what an "omni" system sounds like. You hear the room more than the sound-stage. It's an acquired taste, not something I love, but I respect MBL for putting out such innvovative products, and going balls-out for a show. I just think it says somethings about the company's passion.

Nick

Hey nick, I just noticed your signature. Slapshot is one of the best movies of all time!

Jan 10, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #10 of 26
Large20.jpg

What???

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #13 of 26
Lots of awesome gear and rigs. Thanks for sharing!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back