Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Jan 28, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #241 of 1,140
  So Mike: Pay now; Pay later; or Coupon for Discount?

Crowdfunding is still a new art. As we learn this art, we want to be totally upfront, so no one thinks we are hiding anything. Let me explain better.

We are mulling over two options:

1) Pay $174 now, get a Second Skyn.
Normally, that would mean you get two units when the product ships and that's it, no more specials. But we are saying: "You can postpone the delivery of the second Skyn until you have changed the phone." This gives us a little more cash to work with, improves the chances for the Super Amp, and without a doubt speeds up the pace of the initial delivery. For an extra $174, you will end up with two units, which at that point you can sell for more than what you paid for them.

2) Pay $199 later to get your original unit re-shelled to a new case.
This defers the payment until you are ready to get the new unit. But it doesn't give you the second unit--you still have your old HiFi-Skyn in a new shell. This is also more hassle for us, due to the need to track users, cards, coupons, codes, spreadsheets, etc. We are not extremely excited about that.

Overall, we would prefer to give you a better deal (#1), since that simplifies things for us. You would simply contact us when you want that second unit. At that point you are already in our customer database, so look-up is painless.

Things to keep in mind:

a) We will try really hard to make a HiFi-Skyn for iPhone 7, so you can upgrade with no issues (and by then for free), when everyone else is paying the MSRP of $399. But today iPhone 7 is still a mystery and there is a small risk that Apple would throw a curve our way and change something to make our job impossible. If we cannot support iPhone 7, we will process a refund for everyone who requests it.

b) CEntrance will be 15 years old this year in February. We have been through thick and thin and survived several very tough recessions. Every year we grow as a company. We like our jobs, we are having fun, and we expect to be here for the long term.

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #242 of 1,140
Paying $199 or $179 and having 2 actual Skyn's seems a clear winner (postponing it until I get an iPhone 7 OR the ANDROID phones you're working on). The reason being if you pay for a 2nd one at a discount you will have the old skyn to sell on eBay or give to someone special. VS Paying the same price for a re-shell but ending up with only 1 Skyn.
Thoughts?

And way off topic, I might need a divorce. My wife just said "I'd rather get a new dress than have you buy me new headphones." :eek: I guess I shouldn't tell her about my HiFi M8/Skyn combo I'm about to acquire!

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #243 of 1,140
And way off topic, I might need a divorce. My wife just said "I'd rather get a new dress than have you buy me new headphones."
eek.gif
I guess I shouldn't tell her about my HiFi M8/Skyn combo I'm about to acquire!

CEntrance wants you to have a stable family. With our products, we endeavor to bring beauty, aesthetics and harmony into your household. We are not licensed to practice in family matters, but our recommendation is to uphold the peace :)

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #244 of 1,140
CEntrance wants you to have a stable family. With our products, we endeavor to bring beauty, aesthetics and harmony into your household. We are not licensed to practice in family matters, but our recommendation is to uphold the peace :)

I could not agree more! The only way the above statement can be upheld is to donate the products I require. :p I see a tax write off in your future and a happy household in mine.

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #245 of 1,140
Mike: you are the man!

GhostChili: prenup my friend.

Scott: happy?

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #248 of 1,140
So, I just saw the new update and purchased the second Skyn via the new perk. Mike, how do I let you know how I want to 'use' it so to say? Will I get an email asking me if I want the second Skyn now, or as a upgrade? Or do you want me to send you an email, Mike?

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #249 of 1,140
So, I just saw the new update and purchased the second Skyn via the new perk. Mike, how do I let you know how I want to 'use' it so to say? Will I get an email asking me if I want the second Skyn now, or as a upgrade? Or do you want me to send you an email, Mike?

Yes, the brand new "Second Skyn" perk has just gone up! Thank you for your support.

We have created a process for finding out which option you would like to have. We just did a survey to see which phones people have and if they are planning to upgrade soon. That partially drove the requirement for the new perk.

We will send you an email prior to shipping time to confirm your current phone model. Then, we will ask you what you would like to do with the second unit. If you want the second unit asap, we will ask for that phone model and send it to you together with the first unit. If you want it later, you simply contact us when you are ready and tell us the phone model at that time.

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #255 of 1,140
As far as the Tidal streaming goes, can I start the 4 months at anytime or does it start the day I pay the $20?

I think you get a code and use it to create your Tidal account, then the 4 months start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back