CEntrance DacPort LX Intro Sale
Jun 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

aamefford

I have a custom title!
I have been eyeballing the CEntrance DacPort LX for a couple of weeks, sort of waiting for it's release.  I checked the CEntrance site on a whim today, and it is released, with a sale (I found the sale posted in their blog).  Until July 4th, OR the first 50 units sell, whichever comes first, $50 off.  I wasn't planning to purchase, but $299 got my attention.  Use the coupon code DP50.

I didn't really want a computer only dac/amp and an amp for my iPod, so this works out well.  I also bought a TTVJ Slim this week....

Jun 20, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 8
Thanks for the support Aamefford. We're REALLY excited about the DACport LX!!!

gs1000.gif

Jun 25, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #6 of 8
I received it yesterday.  Too early for real impressions, but very clear and detailed.  I initially had it cut out after about 10 min. twice.  I think it was an overloaded powered usb hub.  I plugged it straight into my macbook pro, and let it run all night, still running strong this morning.  It runs warm, which I had heard about the standard dacport with the class A amp.  I didn't expect this with the LX.  Warm not hot, an merely a point of interest, not a complaint.

It seems to pair well with my TTVJ Slim.  Again, both are brand new.  It is a good looking little piece of kit for sure.

It is a bit pricy, at $349, vs. the standard dacport at $399 with a class A amp on board.  They are on sale until 50 units sell or July 4th for $299.  I thought that was a fair price, and I sort of hope they stay with that price, if they can.  After listening, I'll try and give more thoughts on the value proposition - it is a high end, 24/96 capable usb dac in an extremely portable form factor.  Take away the comparison to the $399 dacport with amp, and $349 is probably a fair price.

OK, more to come.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #7 of 8
I had the dacport and absolutely loved it.  I'm sure the LX sounds brilliant, but the price is simply insane.  I bought the DacPort NEW for less than the DacPort LX costs shipped.  That's just stupid.  

Jun 26, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
I had the dacport and absolutely loved it.  I'm sure the LX sounds brilliant, but the price is simply insane.  I bought the DacPort NEW for less than the DacPort LX costs shipped.  That's just stupid.  

So where did you buy this DACport then? I never heard of CEntrance selling them cheaper than $399.00? Even their introductory rate was more than what they are selling it for now. I got my LX for $300.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back