CEntrance DACport HD
Oct 1, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #106 of 277
  Does it matter that I would be testing this functionality on Windows 10 devices? I no longer have any Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 devices, which have all been updated to Windows 10.

Operating system version should not reflect on the sound or performance, there's just some chance for functional differences between versions and editions.  I plan to try it on 7, 8.1 and 10 - between work, home and portable devices, I have all of those covered.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #107 of 277
So I just got mine, but I can't open the universal driver - it says I don't have the appropriate permissions. I tried the pgedit.bsc in the command prompt, and that didn't work either. I'm using Windows 8.1. Help!

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #108 of 277
Nevermind - just had to add an exclusion to my anti-virus software.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #109 of 277
Just a thought - do I really have to change the sample rate and bit depth in the Centrance UD control panel EVERYTIME it changes? Please say it isn't so. I'm using Foobar 2000, and this is the case so far. Edit: Foobar doesn't use Asio it seems, or I'll have to add that functionality. Asio can change between different bit depths and sample rates, not Wasapi.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #111 of 277
  No.  The bit depth will automatically update/change to the native bit rate/depth of the source file playback (being played) within the CEntrance UD control.

I just added the ASIO output support file to Foobar and it works fine now.

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #112 of 277
Sounds quite good so far - not sure about any burn-in period, but I like what I hear. Using Rockets at the moment.

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #114 of 277
Hi All,

I just received my DACPort HD. Tried it with my Samsung S6 with Onkyo and it sounds awesome!!! Maybe because this is my 1st DAC used. But however, after installing the Universal Driver by Centrance, I am unable to play any songs with my Foobar2000 software. It gives this error when trying to play a track:

Unrecoverable playback error: The parameter is incorrect.   (0x80070057)

Anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue?

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #115 of 277
  Hi All,

I just received my DACPort HD. Tried it with my Samsung S6 with Onkyo and it sounds awesome!!! Maybe because this is my 1st DAC used. But however, after installing the Universal Driver by Centrance, I am unable to play any songs with my Foobar2000 software. It gives this error when trying to play a track:

Unrecoverable playback error: The parameter is incorrect.   (0x80070057)

Anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue?

You need to add ASIO support to Foobar.

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_asio

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #118 of 277
I haven't tried DSD yet. I haven't A/Bd it yet with my Fiio E17, but my early impression is that it doesn't sound much better. It can handle a wider range of bit rate/depths, but sonically it seems to be in the same ballpark. I downloaded a couple of free DSD sample tracks, which I'll try later just to see what the fuss is about. I'll also try full-size cans, too - haven't gone there yet. I've used my Aurisonic Rockets and UM Miracles so far. I'm quite satisfied with the sound for its price point, but I'm not blown away. I have to get myself a mini-usb to mini-usb to see if it will work with my S5 - that could be fun. Anyways, I'm glad it arrived and works as advertised. I look forward to everybody else's impressions in the near future.

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #119 of 277
I haven't tried DSD yet. I haven't A/Bd it yet with my Fiio E17, but my early impression is that it doesn't sound much better. It can handle a wider range of bit rate/depths, but sonically it seems to be in the same ballpark. I downloaded a couple of free DSD sample tracks, which I'll try later just to see what the fuss is about. I'll also try full-size cans, too - haven't gone there yet. I've used my Aurisonic Rockets and UM Miracles so far. I'm quite satisfied with the sound for its price point, but I'm not blown away. I have to get myself a mini-usb to mini-usb to see if it will work with my S5 - that could be fun. Anyways, I'm glad it arrived and works as advertised. I look forward to everybody else's impressions in the near future.

I do not think you need a usb hub for S5. I believe your phone is enough to power it as my S6 can handle it well directly.

I do not have any DSD files but I used the Onkyo upsampling to DSD and it plays well. I have not heard any good players or DAC or even good iem or full sized cans. My only iem and cans is Westone UM Pto 10 and Harmon/kardon CL. My dap is fiio x3ii.

Oct 2, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #120 of 277
I don't think you can upsample to DSD - sounds fishy to me. It's fairly cheap, very pocketable, and plays a slew of formats reasonably well, so it's a good product even though it doesn't blow me away. I've yet to try it with full-size cans, so that may change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back