• Yes but not in August

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No, didn’t realize people in Ohio like audio equipment

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #31 of 54
I just found out about this. Debating getting a hotel room for Friday 25th. I went to the last Pittsburgh meetup, it was my first meetup and I had a great time. Can see my gear in my sig.

Aug 18, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #32 of 54
Unfortunately, I might not be able to come. I've spent a few days away from my wife over the last few weeks and it's also my birthday weekend, she might have something planned.

Aug 18, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #33 of 54
Are there tables at the meetup for randos like me to bring their gear?

Sorry to spam the thread but curious are most people driving there and back in one day or staying at a hotel? I'm looking around hotels in the area right now.

Aug 20, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #35 of 54
I'm 80% sure I'll be able to make it, so just put me down. I can bring the DCA Expanse and Sennheiser 8XX with both balanced and SE cables.

Edit: do you know which flavor of the Ygg+ it is they're sending? I'd like to try all 3 flavors if possible.
Received the Ygg+ OG!

Are there tables at the meetup for randos like me to bring their gear?

Sorry to spam the thread but curious are most people driving there and back in one day or staying at a hotel? I'm looking around hotels in the area right now.
Yes, tables and big power towers. Should be able to setup your gear and have some fun!

I’ve received a bunch of the equipment with more coming this week! I’ll update the original post as the equipment comes in.

The latest shipment included an Urd! So bring those cds if you want!

And sorry to hear a few people can’t make it now but hopefully we can do this again another time.

Also, Zoom chat with Jason will be at 1:00! Hopefully you have some questions prepped to ask!

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #36 of 54
I'm in. Booked a hotel a 4 minute drive from the event, driving up Friday night. If anyone else reading this thread is coming from far out of town feel free to DM me if you are doing something fun Friday night.

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #37 of 54
Unfortunately having to retract my attendance confirmation. Sent out of town for work for the next two weeks. Apologies..

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #38 of 54
As the date come close I can confirm I will be able to come. I will bring my electrostatic setup this time. So
Stax x9000,
Stax 007,
Amp is Headamp BHSE,
DAC will be prism sound ada 8xr.
I don't know if I should bring my laptop or the ifi zen stream. Will we get a roon server to run there?

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #39 of 54
I don't know if I should bring my laptop or the ifi zen stream. Will we get a roon server to run there?

I am bringing my laptop, I recommend it. Last meetup I went too the wifi got pretty overwhelmed with all the streaming going on.

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #41 of 54
I am bringing my laptop, I recommend it. Last meetup I went too the wifi got pretty overwhelmed with all the streaming going on.
Thanks and Good point. The ifi zen streamer always give me better sound stage, clarity and blacker background sound. But this time I think connection stability should take more priority.

I like to reserve a block of time to permit some 2 channel listening. If we do this, I will bring my PSB Alpha P3s.
@bitman1001100 I apologize if I missed this information somewhere but what will be the amplifier driving the p3s?

Aug 22, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #42 of 54
@bitman1001100 I apologize if I missed this information somewhere but what will be the amplifier driving the p3s?
Probably just the Ragnarok that Schiit is sending unless others bring something. I debated bringing a Vidar but not sure I want to carry more equipment 🤪. Honestly, until you asked, nobody has responded about two channel so I was debating doing it…. We will have a Freya S and a Kara now though so maybe some will want to try two channel? 🤷‍♂️

Also, Schiit sent multiple iPads with music preloaded to help the listening experience.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #44 of 54
So schiit is sending ZMF headphones along with all their stuff? Do you know which?
I have them but I don't know ZMF headphones very well so I can't tell, HA! Closed back, solid wood. On the website, looks like the verite but don't quote me!

For what it is worth, on Saturday I'll be there early to setup... if anyone is interested in coming in and helping me, I would greatly appreciate it! I'll try to get there by 8:30. You can also come and set up your own gear too!

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #45 of 54
Probably just the Ragnarok that Schiit is sending unless others bring something. I debated bringing a Vidar but not sure I want to carry more equipment 🤪. Honestly, until you asked, nobody has responded about two channel so I was debating doing it…. We will have a Freya S and a Kara now though so maybe some will want to try two channel? 🤷‍♂️
I would definitely want to try the two channels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back