Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 Deluxe - ending point in my search for a new reference
Dec 26, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #408 of 544
Is there any feedback on this? I would be very interested in inserting it between my Eversolo DMP-A6 and my Cen Grand DSDAC Deluxe
If the purpose is galvanic isolation then you can try Intona as well. What’s the benefit of reclocking the signal which is Async in nature from a perfectly fine streamer.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #409 of 544
It's Here...

20231228_170622_HDR.jpg

Dec 29, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #410 of 544
I believe in general that DACs (let’s say above the 5k EUR/USD price point) converge to a standard high quality. Of course there are differences, but more in terms of personal flavour (pinpoint precise/ detailed versus more organic/ smoother sounding for instance). DACs that sound ugly bad are hard to find nowadays.

If you start throwing money at your digital front end I’d suggest to invest in (re)clocking: try the Ideon Time for example.. the Ideon ION DAC (approx 17k EUR MSRP) that I had on trial for a couple of weeks did outperform the CG Deluxe just by a small margin.. the Time made all the difference though (and was ordered right away)

£10,000 for a clock?! You're having a laugh...

Dec 29, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #411 of 544
It's Here...

20231228_170622_HDR.jpg

Congratulations. The only thing that puts me off trying one of these is the yellow display and the font. Subjective I know, but I can't get past it.

I hope you enjoy it - I'll look forward to reading your impressions.

Dec 29, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #412 of 544
Congratulations. The only thing that puts me off trying one of these is the yellow display and the font. Subjective I know, but I can't get past it.

Indeed, it would make the DSDAC look better with white LED and better display resolution. However I would value the SQ over the display :)

Dec 29, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #413 of 544
Indeed, it would make the DSDAC look better with white LED and better display resolution. However I would value the SQ over the display :)

Of course. You are 100% right. We all have our 'issues' :)

Dec 30, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #414 of 544

I personally feel the yellow/amber text with its black enclosure to be very nice looking, agree on the font though.

First impressions of it are that it is quite easily more resolving and detailed, than my Aquarius, especially in layering, while being very musical and natural. Although the background feels not as black. I think I also prefer the Aquarius on vocal presentation a bit, we'll see if that changes later.

It's almost a bit too thick for my liking right now, noticeable on electric guitars, but certainly not overly so. At the same time, it also has made me realize the aquarius has been rolling off the treble/transients. Deluxe lets those performances soar in the top end, instead of a what feels like a cap.

I thought it was pretty interesting how they both try to be forgiving of those few iffy tracks in my library, just in different ways. Aquarius being the more forgiving of the two, while the Deluxe makes them about as enjoyable, but brings out more of their strengths/potential.

Overall I'm enjoying it a lot right now, was hard trying to stop listening and focus on typing this. Very fun. :smile_phones:

Dec 30, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #415 of 544
Easy easy easy.. your findings are very similar to mine in the beginning.. it will all start to flourish after ~150 hours of burning in, getting to its optimal performance level after 300+ hours.. take your time

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #416 of 544
Easy easy easy.. your findings are very similar to mine in the beginning.. it wil all start to flourish after ~150 hours of burning in, getting to its optimal performance level after 300+ hours.. take your time
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong ill certainly give it some more time, was just an impression. No rush here, enjoying every second. :thumbsup:

Dec 30, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #417 of 544
Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #419 of 544
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back