Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Aug 28, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #632 of 975
Briefly tried this amp with Susvara at Canjam London 2023, on the Elise Audio stand. Left very impressed with was on offer for the price.

Aug 28, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #634 of 975
It’s nice to see this thread back on track again.
Definitely keeping an eye on this one as and when I move up the ladder. Can't really articulate in detail what I heard since, as mentioned, it was a brief session in a noisy conference hall, but what I can say is I had just come from a session on the Hifonix stand with the Primavera amp and DCA Expanse, and the Cen.Grand did not leave me wanting. Drove the Susvara's beautifully.
The Cen.Grand was also stacked under the Sparkos Aries amp and I did a very quick A/B on the Susvara - perhaps the Sparkos + Susvara is not a good match, but the performance of the Cen.Grand was way better in my view.

Aug 28, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #635 of 975
Due to my "fanboyism" with Bakoon Products, I always like the Enleum amps. Same "topology" but with more modern touch, and more powerful output. Dare I say since I know Silver Fox the feeling of wanting to acquire Enleum has totally gone.

Both amp produce "clean cut" detail, fast transient, snappy bite/impact, dense full body tone, with enough sweetness to make everything organic and natural. Silver Fox does more though, with bigger soundstage (all direction), better layering between instruments, even more powerful output, and best part, with more affordable price.

Not what I expected before, as I used to never knew anything about Cen.Grand brand. The product speak for itself indeed.

Sep 1, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #636 of 975
I tried the silver fox and to be honest i didn't expect the sound was that good. Clean, weighty tones, huge soundstage, amazing low-end

It sounds very good with all headphone that i plug into it even to hard to drive planars, i think that's one aspect that this amp really done well

Sep 1, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #637 of 975
I tried the silver fox and to be honest i didn't expect the sound was that good. Clean, weighty tones, huge soundstage, amazing low-end

It sounds very good with all headphone that i plug into it even to hard to drive planars, i think that's one aspect that this amp really done well
What amps did you listen to before Silver Fox?

Sep 1, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #638 of 975
What amps did you listen to before Silver Fox?
Bakoon Pre7610mk3, Eddie Current Balancing Act, Ultrasonic Oblivion, DCS Lina amp, Cayin HA-300, Ferrum OOR+Hypsos, Burson Grand Tourer, Headamp GS-X mk2, AMB Beta22, Violectric V281 to name a few that's still quite fresh in my memory on how they sounded

Sep 1, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #640 of 975
Definitely keeping an eye on this one as and when I move up the ladder. Can't really articulate in detail what I heard since, as mentioned, it was a brief session in a noisy conference hall, but what I can say is I had just come from a session on the Hifonix stand with the Primavera amp and DCA Expanse, and the Cen.Grand did not leave me wanting. Drove the Susvara's beautifully.
The Cen.Grand was also stacked under the Sparkos Aries amp and I did a very quick A/B on the Susvara - perhaps the Sparkos + Susvara is not a good match, but the performance of the Cen.Grand was way better in my view.
I didn't get excited by that stack. As you say, a possible synergy issue. It was a bit 'meh!' to my ears.

*edit* The build quality was spectacular though...

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #643 of 975
Last year I had the opportunity to listen to the Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox" at the exhibition. I really didn't like the sound. It was dry and unemotional, the bass was practically absent. I suspect that the exhibition copy was not warmed up. This greatly spoiled my impression of him.
Therefore, I am waiting for the opinions of the owners of the device, who lived with it.
1678562152939.png
So it's a dry sound? Is it grainy compared to the Enleum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back