Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Jul 21, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #526 of 968
Just had a chance to try my A18t again, still using a single-ended cable (an older Effect Audio pure silver 8-wire design) because I can't find my balanced cables at the moment. It's particularly quiet because nobody else is home right now, so I shut off my AC and listened really carefully.

I still would have said it sounded completely silent, until I switched between the modes and discovered parallel is actually truly silent. Normal, active-g, and BTS modes have just the faintest, barely perceptible noise floor, that honestly is just about impossible to detect - until you hear the comparison with parallel mode.

To put it another way: listening with full size open headphones, the ambient room noise (even in my quiet neighborhood) is significantly louder than this hiss. The excellent isolation of a perfect fitting custom is the only thing that helps kill that ambient noise to where I can hear the hiss. Also hiss probably isn't the right word... it's so slight as to require careful back and forth switching to be sure it even exists.

Certainly some others IEMs will have louder hiss, like the previously mentioned Empire Ears, and others will be completely silent like my AME Radioso customs. So it really is a case by case basis but there's a decent chance it will be just fine for your IEMs.

You mentioned the display issue where the word parallel gets truncated to "paralle", and I realized that the Little Silver Fox actually has the advantage there:

LittleSilverFox.jpg
Thanks for double-checking.
Hadn't thought about Parallel being truncated. It looked like Active G took up the same amount of space, but maybe it's a character limit rather than a space limit as such

Jul 21, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #527 of 968
I was about to mention, "Parallel" is fully visible on my Little Silver Fox.

Jul 24, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #528 of 968
Posted this on the DAC thread. New GLS1.0 media player stated for October posted from 6moons.

03.jpg

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #529 of 968
Very intrigued by this thing! Interestingly, the DSDAC1.0 Deluxe is fairly good at working with mediocre transports, but also shows an improvement when moving upscale. So I'm curious how much more potential is able to be unlocked via this transport with its proprietary design.

Jul 24, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #530 of 968
Posted this on the DAC thread. New GLS1.0 media player stated for October posted from 6moons.

03.jpg
@m-i-c-k-e-y Ciao noi siamo qua senza ’na lira dopo esserci accattati il Cen.Grand 906 e tu ce tenti…Oltretutto a Novembre ce sta l’acconto I.R.P.E.F.😩😂

Jul 24, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #532 of 968
Jul 25, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #534 of 968
@m-i-c-k-e-y Ciao noi siamo qua senza ’na lira dopo esserci accattati il Cen.Grand 906 e tu ce tenti…Oltretutto a Novembre ce sta l’acconto I.R.P.E.F.😩😂
Congratulazioni per aver acquistato la volpe d'argento 906. Ora dovresti aggiungere il lettore multimediale DSDAC 1.0 Deluxe e GLS1.0 al tuo sistema. :)

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #535 of 968
Congratulazioni per aver acquistato la volpe d'argento 906. Ora dovresti aggiungere il lettore multimediale DSDAC 1.0 Deluxe e GLS1.0 al tuo sistema. :)
😂

Jul 25, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #536 of 968

Molto semplice, vendimi una delle tue attrezzature T+A! Naturalmente con un grande sconto! :laughing: :thumbsup: Scherzo...

Jul 25, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #538 of 968

Users who are viewing this thread

Back