Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Jul 9, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #391 of 969
Jul 9, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #392 of 969
oh no. I can hear that giant sucking sound directed at my wallet.
That sound hasn't ended since I started browsing this forum... Let me know if you find out how to make it stop :cry:

Jul 9, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #393 of 969
That sound hasn't ended since I started browsing this forum... Let me know if you find out how to make it stop :cry:
😒 … it doesn’t. The most that can be done is to get used to it or
017DA8BE-09CB-433E-88F2-F246DFCFB7FD.jpeg

Jul 9, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #394 of 969
Jul 10, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #397 of 969
Is anyone seeing the pictures on that review?

They disappeared, so I uploaded them again, but now on my phone they are missing once more.
They are not there unfortunately...

EDIT : I can see in the Gallery tab, but not on the review.

Jul 10, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #399 of 969
Is anyone seeing the pictures on that review?

They disappeared, so I uploaded them again, but now on my phone they are missing once more.
I see them on overview, but not on the review tab.

Jul 10, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #401 of 969
Yeah, they were there at first and then they disappeared.

Jul 10, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #403 of 969
Here’s a possibly silly question about burn-in. I just received my “Little Silver Fox” and decided to post my question in this thread since it’s more active and it would apply to the full-size “Silver Fox” well.

Does it make sense to burn-in each of the different output modes since different circuitry is involved with each of the 4 choices? I foresee myself mainly using “BTL” and “Parallel” but I may end up using “Active G” as well once I figure out what it changes in the sound. I didn’t want to leave it solely in one mode for the first week of burn-in if it makes more sense to switch between the modes.

This is probably a hard question to answer specifically, but would anyone like to hazard a guess in theory at least?

Jul 11, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #404 of 969
Weird, I don't know how the pictures got all spread out in the wrong spots. Maybe forum glitch, maybe me being dense... will have to fix it tomorrow.

As far as burn in goes, I just play music and let it go for roughly a week straight. That's plenty for most any component. Maybe pop in and have a listen from time to time if you want. I personally don't usually find burn in to be very drastic at all, with a few very rare exceptions over the years. Even in those cases I can't be sure if the component changed or just my brain figured out how to make sense of the sound.

Still, I like to do it because on the off chance there is some major change to the sound, I don't want to have my impressions be premature. Also component failure is likely to happen sooner rather than later with faulty components, so this process helps weed that out.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about the different modes. I think it's more of a reconfiguration when you switch, rather than completely different circuits. Like feel free to cycle through them during burn in but don't overthink it.

Jul 11, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #405 of 969
The Meze Elite headphones are really sensitive to the 16 possible mode settings of the Silver Fox which I find great. Initially I found the Silver Fox a little too much on the warm side but with using a lower impedance for the Elite it is much more neutral sounding - more transparent and detailed. It is great to have those different choices. There is certainly even music where I will choose the warmer tuning, especially when I want to focus on voices. Should be interesting to hear which other headphones can offer this variety of tunings with the Silver Fox.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back