Cellphone Player
Mar 8, 2007 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MoonHawk

Head-Fier
I Just got a samsung sch a930 phone and im really liking it. I'm wondering if I should spend the money to get the data cable and memory so I can use this as a portable player. Does anyone here use this phone to play music? or any phones for that matter

Mar 8, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 7
The Nokia N series and Sony Walkman series phones do a great job.

pink

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 7
bump...I'm actually wondering the exact same thing, as I have an a930 as well.

I can get the adapter, data cable, and 1 gig microsd all for under 25$ or so, so it seems like a good idea. As long as the audio quality's not horrible, I would use it for the convienience factor.

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Hope this question isn't off topic. But is it okay to use a Music phone as your source?

If head-fi was a country you would be charged without trial and be imprision in audio guantanamo then ritually force fed jonas borthers from ibuds..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just kidding,  my advice is to make the best use of what you have allthough when polishing a turd results may vary. The new samsung galaxy S has flac support and micro SD IMO is in the same league as an un modded non LOD'd iphone so as a source why not.

My old primary portable source was a samsung (innov8) i850 which is / was one of the best mobile phone audio at the time and served me well. Not as good as its S:flo2 successor but I do still use it when the FLow is low.

Jul 20, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #7 of 7
+1 for the Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant variant) as a portable source.  It bests my Rockboxed Fuze, Sony s639 and various Ipods (touches 2G and video 5G).  It sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back