Celebrity-Fi
Aug 28, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #16 of 48
Small-c celebrities are permitted I'm guessing, given the OP
smily_headphones1.gif

I jammed with John Acorn, the Nature Nut a few years ago. It was great fun. Acorn the Nature Nut

Aug 28, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh wow. Didn't know the threshold was so low. My post was deleted. Well, thank you for keeping these threads spotless. I understand there are a lot of impressionable young minds in here.

Very Weak! It's gawddamned Disneyland in here.

Repost without the ref.

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #18 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One minor celeb I know is Donald Wressell. He's a well known pastry chef - appears on the Food Network every so often, won the Coupe duMonde (international pastry olympics in Lyon), been to the White House, and teaches a lot of classes. He's married to my cousin, and we hang out all the time. I've met a lot of other well known chefs hanging out over there, too. The best part is going over to eat - I'll hit the market, round up their specials and best produce, then get creative over there. He's taught me to cook and I learn something new every time I go over.

Wow, I bet family re-unions are yummy! Mind if I come to one. :wink:

Aug 29, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #19 of 48
The closest brush I've had is at an Ohio State game a few years back. They were inducting Eddie George into their Hall of Fame or retiring his number (don't remember which), either way after the game I was walking around with my then girlfriend not paying attention and nearly plowed right into him as he was walking with his security guards.
Apparently the guards, nor Eddie, were paying much attention either and I'm unsure how we didn't bash into each other. I wish we had, because that would have made the story cooler and I could tell people that I took a hit from Eddie George.

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #20 of 48
Well, I did go to high school with Cindy Margolis in 1983-84, we both graduated on the Honor Roll (Cindy in Fabruary of '84, myself in June of '84). I am extremely proud of her because of what she has been able to do with the pile of crap education that Erikson Center gave us both back then, and I look to do the same in my on-again-off-again-and-then-on-again musical career. that is why I chose her as my hero and sole role model in the entertainment business.

What the hell do I have to do to meet her for the first time in 25 YEARS??? Erikson Center (our high school) isn't gonna hook us up, what do I do?

P.S. I just wonder if Cindy Margolis herself has ever ventured her way on Head-Fi and read mine and some of the other posts. Hopefully she will soon be doing this...
L3000.gif
just like I do with my arsenal of assorted players, recorders, amps, and various accessories (remotes, cases, cans/IEM's, etc.).

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #24 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/2908159208_cc1b43ff9b_o.jpg /img]

Jenny Lewis of Jenny Lewis and Rilo Kiley fame. 10 minutes ago. I love my job. I love Jenny Lewis.

[img]http://www.mwardmusic.com/standard/images/albums/lewiscover.jpg /img][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Good for you!

...who is she? (excuse my ignorance)

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #25 of 48
Apparently Spenny from 'Kenny vs. Spenny' likes to hang out at the pub near where my girlfriend lives. We were there on the patio one night and I went to the washroom and saw him on the way back. He looked very familiar, but I couldn't quite place him... so I came back to the table and just said, "There is someone famous in there, go look." It took a couple of my friends before someone realized who he was.
tongue.gif

Meeting musicians is the worst for me. The couple times that it has happened, it always comes across as me hitting on them as I tend to gush. This can get a bit uncomfortable, especially if it is a guy.
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I did go to high school with Cindy Margolis in 1983-84, we both graduated on the Honor Roll (Cindy in Fabruary of '84, myself in June of '84).

Wow!! Cindy Margolis!! Does she know who you are?

Oct 4, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jenny Lewis of Jenny Lewis and Rilo Kiley fame. 10 minutes ago. I love my job. I love Jenny Lewis.

Oh man that's awesome, you lucky dog you! I love her new album, which you should've posted instead
biggrin.gif

61gYoKmeLZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashnolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...who is she? (excuse my ignorance)

You need to go out right now and buy a couple of Rilo Kiley albums. Terrific Indie music. I would personally suggest The Execution Of All Things and More Adventurous, my favourite albums. And of course here solo albums, Rabbit Fur Coat and Acid Tongue. The latter is kind of an acquired taste though, I would start with the Rilo Kiley albums first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back