cd3000 + xp-7 = No-No?
Dec 16, 2003 at 10:51 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
I heard Adam's XP-7 after it was returned and there was nothing wrong with it to my ears. I listened to it with a Meridian player and CD-3000's. It sounded exactly like the others I have heard. I know Adam heard what he heard but I do not think the amp was the source. Maybe, what was heard has always been there and the XP-7 allowed him to hear it. This is conjecture though as I have no way of listening to Adam's setup.

i still find it very hard to believe that the modded DI/O was to blame. please pick up 2 people that say that the DI/O is sibilant, and i'll reconsider.
to add some to my argument, i repeat: the DT880 sounded wonderful (the best i heard them, by a considerable margin) with the XP-7. maybe just a tiny bit more sibilant then usually, but nothing to say about "this is sibilant".

the XP-7 was damaged in the way back to ray, and he told me he had to replace the volume pot. maybe it was the problem, and it got fixed, before you had your listen
confused.gif

Dec 16, 2003 at 1:57 PM Post #17 of 18
Adam,

Maybe you are just blessed (cursed?) with hearing that is more acute than most of us have. Or it is sensitive at certain frequencies. If your hearing is that good I would be sure and take precautions to protect it while you are young. It is a noisy world.

Dec 16, 2003 at 2:55 PM Post #18 of 18
i'm hanging out with earplugs when i'm in noisy environments, thank much for your care
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back