CD3000 vs. K1000 initial impressions
Mar 11, 2004 at 8:42 AM Post #16 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
terabyte,
your descriptions are exactly why i don't like the CD3000's. that effect kills the separation and detail, imo. and that nasaly sound doesn't do them any good either. i sold my AT W1000's for the very same reasons. i think you might benefit from trying the HD650's (although your wallet may think otherwise). they have such blackness in between notes that it doesn't even feel like you're listening to headphones. this further adds to their ability to be able to attack notes with extreme accuracy and an almost scary quickness...so very lifelike. another member named tubroller said that the HD600/650 are the closest thing you can get to listening to speakers...i agree with him 100%.
i heard that K1000's at a meet once and they are similar to the open Senn 600/650's in that they can display an incredible ability to separate quick notes and sounds with extreme ease. imo, i think headphones benefit much more by having nothing else but your ears (basically no inclosed chamber) effect the sound coming out of the headphones.

i'm generally for a more forward sound, but i do plan on trying out the 650s some day (or whatever equivalent is out at the time), as i'm running out of dynamic signatures to try. i'd also want to take a look at the new 595, although i'm not sure it would deliver the kind of resolution i like. i'm going to get a proper amp for my k1000s first, tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back