CD3000 replacement pads
Aug 11, 2009 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

musicmaker

1000+ Head-Fier
I'd like to get the earpads on my CD3K replaced.

Was able to find them on ebay for $20 but these are not the original pads.

I an get OEM pads from Sony for about $46.

Have any of you tried the ebay pads ? Are they good or should I just go for the original Sony pads at 2x the cost ?

Aug 11, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 24
thx. Which one is more comfortable ?

Aug 11, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 24
I'd think it would be difficult to make pads more comfy than the stock ones, as they are already one of the most comfy pads ever made. You can try Audiocubes too. I bought a pair from them a while back, I remember being charged out the you know what for them, but maybe they've dropped their prices.

Aug 11, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

iv not tried the original ones, im just saying they arent the same. But id assume stock are more comfy.

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ebay pads are different. They arent wedge shaped.

What makes you think that they have to be wedged shape.
The CD3000 pads have never been wedged shape.
They give that impression when they are fitted but I can assure you that they are not.
The pads on ebay are VERY good,I have a pair on mine and then got a second pair as spares.
They are a fantastic fit and are well made,one of the best buy's around.

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I have had both and as far as I am concerned the new pads are better than the Sony ones.
The originals tended to become sticky,and after awhile little bits of it would start rubbing off.
The new pads do not suffer from this,are easy to clean,and at a good price.

Aug 12, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #8 of 24
Ok, my apologies then, I havent physically compared the two. I just own the ebay ones and compared with photo's of a friend of mines CD3k, and the materials and shape looked quite different.
But if the ebay ones really are that good then great
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #9 of 24
thanks guys. I'll be ordering the fleebay pads shortly.

Aug 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #10 of 24
The OEM pads are slightly thicker than the Ebay variant that I have but I really can't pretend I hear any difference between them.
Comfort wise they are quite equal as well.

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #11 of 24
The eBay pads are fine - they fit fine and seem fairly durable, but they're a little less plush and feel a little cheaper than stock pads... IMO it's not worth the extra cost to buy true replacements, but to each their own.

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #12 of 24
Order placed on ebay. I'll report once they arrive.

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #13 of 24
You are wearing fake pads produced by a random chinese factory in direct contact to your skin?
I mean, you will always find a chinese that will produce it a little cheaper and a bit more poisenous.Sony has a reputation to lose, Han Ping Crap Ltd has just to change the name every few years.
Well, actually progress needs human guinea pigs so why not.
Actually it's not that bad since skin cancer does need many years to develop into a malign aggressive type and until then they will have found an effective cure.Maybe.

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are wearing fake pads produced by a random chinese factory in direct contact to your skin?
I mean, you will always find a chinese that will produce it a little cheaper and a bit more poisenous.Sony has a reputation to lose, Han Ping Crap Ltd has just to change the name every few years.
Well, actually progress needs human guinea pigs so why not.
Actually it's not that bad since skin cancer does need many years to develop into a malign aggressive type and until then they will have found an effective cure.Maybe.

If you could back up that speculation with hard evidence, you've got a lawsuit in the making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back