CD3000 Cups.
May 22, 2009 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ford2

Headphoneus Supremus
Are all CD3000's the same.Some have Stereo Headphones written on the cups,and some have Digital Reference.
This is the writing below CD3000 on the cups.
If they are all the same, why the name change.

May 22, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 11
Hmmm...interesting.
Mine have the Digital Reference markings but no idea on the difference.

May 24, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 11
Have all the people who own or have ever owned the CD3000,never ever looked at what was written on the cups.
Never ever wondered WHY the writing was changed,if you ever noticed it was there in the first place.
Looks like this forum does NOT know all there is to know.
Come on,at least take the phones out of the box have a look,and post what you have,maybe that way we can get some sort of an idea.

May 24, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 11
I have noticed it before when I had my CD3000; I have wondered if there was a difference between the two versions before, but then decided not to bother about that minor difference and just enjoy the headphones instead.
tongue.gif

May 24, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have noticed it before when I had my CD3000; I have wondered if there was a difference between the two versions before, but then decided not to bother about that minor difference and just enjoy the headphones instead.
tongue.gif

HOW do you know it was only a minor difference if you only tried one.

confused_face.gif

May 24, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #7 of 11
I suspect its just a change to alter the image.
"Digital reference" sounds like a buzzword and was probably used to make them sound more high class than just 'stereo headphone' (and was probably introduced as a change later).

May 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #8 of 11
@ford2,

Sorry, I should have been more clear, what I meant to post was "decided not to bother with what I assumed would be just a minor cosmetic difference" ...
tongue.gif

CDBacklash's post above mirrors my thoughts, that's exactly what I was thking when when I decided not to pursue the matter any further.

May 24, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #9 of 11
the cd1k also said "digital reference", and the cd3k is basically a "deluxe" cd1k(same drivers/cups)..so maybe after they realized that the damn thing was overly bright and didn't output any audio <60Hz, they realized these were only "stereo headphones" and not quite "digital reference"
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #11 of 11
I believe the name of the Japanese engineer who created the cd1k/3k drivers is well known, how about finding somehow his email/phone# and ask him? there's only one Sony part reference for these drivers anyway, so it's more than likely cosmetic-only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back