CD Player Stops During Playback. (Sony D-E301)
Jan 13, 2003 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Basshead Jazz

Head-Fier
I have a older Sony D-E301 which I finally got back from my sister now that she just bought a D-F200 AM/FM PCDP. However, I had a problem with the player before giving it to my sister, where at times it suddenly stops during playback when running off of battery power. This does not do that when using the AC adaptor.

I'll probably have a technician take a peek, but anyone know what is causing the player to stop?

Jan 14, 2003 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 3
My old discman had the same problem.

As it turns out, there is little microswitch that is pressed when the lid is closed. There is a small 'peg' on the top lid that fits through a spot holding the switch. The switch and peg were mis-aligned, and worn out enough so that it was not making good contact. This caused the CD player to occassionally think the lid is being opened and stops the player. (It happens a lot less when you're not moving it around, ie: plugged into AC).

Check this out. I solved it by bending a staple, and putting it into a shape that more securely holds that switch down all the time. (I'm an engineer, incase you haven't guessed).

The problem was further solved when I got a Panasonic, after the thing stopped playing all together.

Jan 15, 2003 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 3
How long did the staple hold like that? How is the sound quality on the D-E307? I wan't to salvage my old car disman till I can affordsomething better.
-Mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back