CD player price question.
Oct 29, 2004 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

phkd

100+ Head-Fier
my friend bought this CD player from a want-ad seller for 500 dollars american. it is in a supposedly unopened box and is brand new. from what i can tell he got a good deal (it looks pretty awesome but we he hasn't openned it yet). anyways, does anyone here know what the retail price of it is? The lady he bought it from had no idea how much it costed. we looked all over the internet but couldn't find anything.
thanks in advance for any help.
-AJ

Oct 29, 2004 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 9
I did a Google search on the model name, turned up TTVJ's page, and saw that the Stibbert (not MkII) was listed at $3995 . (!!!) This was a cached page, it's no longer on Todd's site, but it looks like you might have gotten away with the deal of a lifetime.

Oct 29, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 9
If it's legit it seems like an OK deal to me!
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 9:10 AM Post #4 of 9
it's for sure a beautiful architectured quite rare machine , i expect it sounding at least mediocre
joking
this is quite for sure a good deal , given the player is functional and present in the box.

Oct 29, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #5 of 9
haha wow. possibly 4 grand? yikes. would i be a bad friend if i told him it was about 500 dollars retail and bought it off him?
evil_smiley.gif
hahaha i would never!

Oct 29, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by phkd
we he hasn't openned it yet

You had better open the box ASAP
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 9
For your information, Bluenote is a well recognized Italian Audio Company, which products are more known in the Staes because of their Turntables designs. They are a Hi-End Class company so your friend did a great buy, based on this data.

I saw that model before in some Shows Report and the design is very interesting , although it looks like an Audio Alchemy Transport suspended from an isolation device!!!

Anyway, there are a few distributors in America, Canada and Asia. Check at www.bluenote.it .

Here is something more...

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/b.../demidoff.html

Distributor link

http://www.hiendaudioimports.com/html/second.html

evil_smiley.gif
If I were you
wink.gif
I would do a favor to your friend and gave him $600 for the unit...yes!! $100 profit
very_evil_smiley.gif
He will be happy after
mad.gif

Jose.

Oct 29, 2004 at 8:00 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
it's for sure a beautiful architectured quite rare machine , i expect it sounding at least mediocre
joking
this is quite for sure a good deal , given the player is functional and present in the box.

biggrin.gif
I'd say it was an OK deal even without the box..
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2004 at 10:19 PM Post #9 of 9
thanks for the links jose.

nah i think ill let him keep it that lucky person. even if i bought it from him i wouldn't know how to get it going properly im sure. i don't know much about home audio. some time soon i plan to investigate what all the elements are to a good home system so i can get the most from my headphones though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back