CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #3,468 of 3,770
Brief Lyra impression after playing with it for about 3 days:-
It feels like a slight tweak to a DAP's equalizer with the CRA+.
Lyra has a more prominent low/mid treble presentation.
Some reduction in mid/lower bass and less sibilant trebles.
IMHO, they both have similar tonality and detail/textures - but less energetic than CRA+.
Also, Lyra's smallish shell sticks into the upper concha (cymba).
It's probably a good DIY starting-point to customize for personal listening preference.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #3,469 of 3,770
_DSC1726-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit (75).jpg

My review of the CCA CRA+ is up on my blog and Head-Fi.

Aug 11, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #3,472 of 3,770
New CCA and its KZ/CCA house first Planar Drivers

1660223151403.png

No info on pricing or graph
Not gonna lie, that is a pretty good looking IEM for a KZ/CCA. Has a nice industrial vibe to it. Just wish it didn't have Planar written on the face plate.
Without a graph it's hard to have a guesstimate of the sound quality, I'm hoping it's at least good for a KZ/CCA and the "supremacy of treble extension" claim makes me as a treble head excited to hear what it's like. Hopefully rivaling or beating the likes of the KZ BA10, it's time for a new KZ/CCA king. Kinda funny how what many consider to be the best sounding KZ's (ZS7 & BA10) are both 5 yeas old. Here's to hoping for something great.

I'm gonna guess that the price is either going to be around $70 and somewhat justified as planars are not cheap or $150+ and completely overpriced with the usual of no accessories. If the price is right I might get one, if the price is really good might even take the risk and go blind as KZ/CCA has a good trackrecord in the last year.

Aug 11, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #3,473 of 3,770
The planars have a little bit of an Acoustune look to them. A good thing in my book! :)

Aug 11, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #3,474 of 3,770
New CCA and its KZ/CCA house first Planar Drivers

No info on pricing or graph
The word "Planar" is oriented correctly on one of the earpieces and UPSIDE DOWN on the other. I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time. This model is obviously for Stranger Things fans. The design is, to say the least, amateurish as a result.

The sound will hopefully be much better.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #3,475 of 3,770
The word "Planar" is oriented correctly on one of the earpieces and UPSIDE DOWN on the other. I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time. This model is obviously for Strager Things fans. The design is, to say the least, amateurish as a result. This model is obviously for Strager Things fans.

The sound will hopefully be much better.
But you know it is a bad render, as they are half the time, and not a photo. The real thing won't have that. :)

Of course you just wrote Strager Things twice sooooo. Guess people can make errors, huh. :grin:

Aug 12, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #3,477 of 3,770
I'm kinda interested in what CCA/KZ can do with Planars. Get us a refined Timeless at $99 or lower and we have some fierce competition.
Hopefully it’ll be more inspired by the Timeless and the like rather than the TRN Kirin :)

Aug 16, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #3,479 of 3,770
Aug 16, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #3,480 of 3,770
We have had some ugly earphones. This is fine. Not gorgeous but not in the ugly category. These are ugly....
1660659901190.png1660659952362.png
...and there are many more. We could lock you in a room with some earphones that would make you beg to have the PLA13 in your ears :)

Oh god..... I never seen such......Jesus Christ.........have mercy.......

Well PLA13 turns out to be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back