CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #3,301 of 3,770
So I've been listening to my CCA CRA + KZ Silver/Blue Upgrade Cable (@RikudouGoku rec from his list) + Azla Crystal tips for about 15 minutes now. I'm listening to tracks from the Buena Vista Social Club album via my Liquid Spark desktop stack (LS Amp and the matching DAC (AK4490 chip)).

- I didn't try stock cable. But I did try the stock tips (medium) which were already installed when I opened box. Stock tips are very good. I think the majority of casual users will not feel the need to change them out unless there is an issue with getting a proper seal.

- AZLA Crystal tips, which also arrived in this order, tame the bass slightly and make it feel a little more balanced. But it's pretty close with the stock tips. I wanted to try these tips with other IEM in my collection as well, but they do work for the CRA, which is nice. The tips cost more than the CRA though. It's not really a great bargain in direct comparison.

- Mild V-Shape, very slight recess of vocals, especially with stock tips. Very dynamic sounding. Details are better than was expected. Spacing/soundstage and overall presentation also seems way more mature, articulate than what the price would suggest it to be. Percussive hits like the congas are distinct in the stereo space. Good separation/dynamics between the upright bass and the other stringed instruments. I'm hearing some details like tiny clicks in the recording (drum sticks hitting each other when the drummer takes a rest) that I don't always hear in other IEMs/Headphones.

- If I had to quickly nitpick, I have a slight issue with the tonality/texture of the brass instruments I'm currently hearing. I would like a warmer, richer tonality as they seem a bit thin and cold sounding. But it isn't a major issue to me, at least.

Overall, these are very good and for only $20 via Amazon? Crazy....
You made a review after listening to a new pair of earphones for 15 mins? Come on now. Stop wasting our time (and yours).

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #3,302 of 3,770
You made a review after listening to a new pair of earphones for 15 mins? Come on now. Stop wasting our time (and yours).
Woke up on the wrong side today??:) We get tons of first impressions. Not exactly a review. Though true it is not as helpful since it is with a different cable. We usually just ignore if not really so helpful than calling people out for wasting our time. Remember... Laugh More Daily! :)

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #3,303 of 3,770
My CRA are shipped, cant wait to hear what 13.50$ can do comparin to my loved DQ6 😅 It will be battle of the hyped trains 🚂🚂

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #3,307 of 3,770
Next time, I’ll make my impressions after 5 minutes. For the SAG. Y’know.

Jan 20, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #3,311 of 3,770
He's sharing detailed observations, and I appreciate it. Definitely not a waste of time from my perspective.

Jan 20, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #3,312 of 3,770
While I am totally diggin the CRA, I decided tonight to hook up my NRA to my Qudelix-5K via a KBEAR Rhyme 2.5 balanced cable and was playing some rap and hip hop. CRA is impressive; but NRA with Newbee foam tips and a balanced connection to my Qudelix-5K is seriously good. The NRA is really good for stuff/music that's treble forward or not superior quality. Details are there: just not abrasive.

Lots more I could share tonight; but these tunes are great and show off the NRA. Love the CRA, but with the right music; NRA shines in its own right. Really enjoying this set, now that I've found the right type of music to listen to with this set.

Jan 21, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #3,313 of 3,770
While I am totally diggin the CRA, I decided tonight to hook up my NRA to my Qudelix-5K via a KBEAR Rhyme 2.5 balanced cable and was playing some rap and hip hop. CRA is impressive; but NRA with Newbee foam tips and a balanced connection to my Qudelix-5K is seriously good. The NRA is really good for stuff/music that's treble forward or not superior quality. Details are there: just not abrasive.

Lots more I could share tonight; but these tunes are great and show off the NRA. Love the CRA, but with the right music; NRA shines in its own right. Really enjoying this set, now that I've found the right type of music to listen to with this set.

Some great classic hip-hop tracks there. I can enjoy those with both CRA and NRA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back