CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #3,091 of 3,770
I rip my own FLAC files from CD and keep them on an external drive. Another one I can recommend is "Reverie" which has lovely versions of Sibelius's "The Swan of Tuonela" and Ravel's "Alborada del Gracioso", fabulous dynamics on that one!

I'll give it a go - this FLAC of firebird suite and rites of spring is absolutely incredible.

Oct 8, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #3,092 of 3,770
Oct 8, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #3,093 of 3,770
That bass drum!

Yes, it's completely savage and the C12's really like this one too over a balanced source. Now that I know that the DD in there is 10 mm and not 7, I understand my amazement about the bass quantity from these a lot better :joy:

It's funny - on this same recording is The Rite of Spring. I went over to scan youtube for performances and there is indeed a half-decent recording of the full ballet performance in period correct costumery. Of the riot inducing RoS, the first comment says it best:

> "could you imagine having to dance to this with the audience booing and hissing so loudly that you can't hear the orchestra? that's how much outrage there was over this at the time of the premier. like, you're expecting the nutcracker, and you get a ton of pagan ritual dances and a virgin sacrifice."

edit: a couple more too good not to include

> "I heard when this premiered, there was a huge riot, with fist fights and people throwing things. I am convinced that this piece started the first mosh pit in history."

> "I rate this interesting out of ten"

> This happened on May 29 2013, at the same theatre and exactly 100 years after its infamous premiere in which a riot erupted in the audience and people like Saint-Saëns, Debussy and Ravel were in attendance. Also, the costumes and backdrops are precise recreations of the original ones.

And that friends is why classical music is so exciting!

Said sacrifice and more of that glorious bass drum:

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #3,094 of 3,770
Yes, it's completely savage and the C12's really like this one too over a balanced source. Now that I know that the DD in there is 10 mm and not 7, I understand my amazement about the bass quantity from these a lot better :joy:

It's funny - on this same recording is The Rite of Spring. I went over to scan youtube for performances and there is indeed a half-decent recording of the full ballet performance in period correct costumery. Of the riot inducing RoS, the first comment says it best:

> "could you imagine having to dance to this with the audience booing and hissing so loudly that you can't hear the orchestra? that's how much outrage there was over this at the time of the premier. like, you're expecting the nutcracker, and you get a ton of pagan ritual dances and a virgin sacrifice."

edit: a couple more too good not to include

> "I heard when this premiered, there was a huge riot, with fist fights and people throwing things. I am convinced that this piece started the first mosh pit in history."

> "I rate this interesting out of ten"

> This happened on May 29 2013, at the same theatre and exactly 100 years after its infamous premiere in which a riot erupted in the audience and people like Saint-Saëns, Debussy and Ravel were in attendance. Also, the costumes and backdrops are precise recreations of the original ones.

And that friends is why classical music is so exciting!

Said sacrifice and more of that glorious bass drum:

Yes, Rite of Spring is brutal yet fascinating. The version by Michael Tilson Thomas and the Boston Symphony Orchestra is also a very good one, clean and crisp dynamics and a wonderful performance.

Oct 21, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #3,096 of 3,770
Oct 21, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #3,098 of 3,770
It is a gift for a friend.
I was thinking about that kind of sound and at that price, less than $ 50 maybe a little more if the jump is worth it.
You can try tripowin Mele for $50.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #3,099 of 3,770
You can try tripowin Mele for $50.
Tripowin Mele is a safe bet on that price range. Its polite treble, big bass, and good mids is easy rec. Not to mention good builds.

Heartmirror require some amping, aria is a bit far north of $50.
Other that that, you might go for kz dq6 for $20 something.
Or KBear Robin which is KBear interpertation/tuning of c10/zs10pro driver set up.

Oct 24, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #3,101 of 3,770
As Salsa points out, The CCA CA16 Pro
11610391_thumb.jpg

AKA CCA CA16 updated with Xun driver and Black BAs.
Just like what ZAS is to ZAX.
Also, hopefully the new shell fix one particular complaint about the shell of ori CA16 feels a bit cheap

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #3,102 of 3,770
So far the opinions seem a little polarizing, but I thought I’d chime in on the CCA NRAs. My previous favorite chi-fi IEM was the CCA C12 with the C10 pro a close second, but I have to say that I like the more affordable NRAs even better. My source is iPad streaming Spotify to the Q5k via the balanced output. First, the NRA is more coherent, with it sounding more like a single dynamic than a hybrid with the pass off of the highs to the magnetostatic driver virtually indistinguishable except for the smooth extended highs. This adds clarity to the mids compared to the multiple BAs in the others. And while the C12 has stronger sub-bass, it can be fatiguing sometimes, and the speed of the mid-bass and lower mids of the NRA really stand out, providing a more resolving experience in those areas where so much music resides. There is no mid-bass bloat to muddle the mids. The C12 has a wider soundstage and depending on material, might be preferable, but it can be more diffused making the NRA better for center imaging. The application of this new driver technology to such an affordable IEM is admirable. Again the treble is very smooth with pretty good extension as well, but adds no sibilants. I like the NRA better than the Geek Wold GK10, which rolls of too soon in bass and has honking upper mids. I’ve got to say that CCA did a fine job on this one. Just my 2 cents and YMMV of course. This unit was made available by sunny of Fedai Amazon store and can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GW6ZYGY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
6DB5EEB3-60A7-4A9E-9BB2-FB69B94CA52C.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #3,103 of 3,770
So far the opinions seem a little polarizing, but I thought I’d chime in on the CCA NRAs. My previous favorite chi-fi IEM was the CCA C12 with the C10 pro a close second, but I have to say that I like the more affordable NRAs even better. My source is iPad streaming Spotify to the Q5k via the balanced output. First, the NRA is more coherent, with it sounding more like a single dynamic than a hybrid with the pass off of the highs to the magnetostatic driver virtually indistinguishable except for the smooth extended highs. This adds clarity to the mids compared to the multiple BAs in the others. And while the C12 has stronger sub-bass, it can be fatiguing sometimes, and the speed of the mid-bass and lower mids of the NRA really stand out, providing a more resolving experience in those areas where so much music resides. There is no mid-bass bloat to muddle the mids. The C12 has a wider soundstage and depending on material, might be preferable, but it can be more diffused making the NRA better for center imaging. The application of this new driver technology to such an affordable IEM is admirable. Again the treble is very smooth with pretty good extension as well, but adds no sibilants. I like the NRA better than the Geek Wold GK10, which rolls of too soon in bass and has honking upper mids. I’ve got to say that CCA did a fine job on this one. Just my 2 cents and YMMV of course.
6DB5EEB3-60A7-4A9E-9BB2-FB69B94CA52C.jpeg
I just used mine yesterday after having not used them for at least a couple months, and as soon as the music started I was impressed. Guess I forgot how good they sound, especially for the price. Then I started asking myself why I bought a few pairs that cost four times as much since I couldn't really tell which cost more if you gave me a blind test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back