CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #2,656 of 3,770
Yes, get SPINFIT CP 800
CP800? Probably won't fit. That size is what fits my Etymotic. The CP100 fits and sticks well to my CA16.

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #2,658 of 3,770
Arrived today, CCA CSN. Early impression is that they are very good indeed. Nice open sound, not too V shaped, good mids and smooth top end. Bass is solid and well textured. More to come.

Attachments

• IMG_20210412_155500.jpg
    IMG_20210412_155500.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 13, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #2,659 of 3,770
Got the CP 800 spinfits and its a little snug but fits fine.

I got the large size but they're actually smaller than the stock large tips.

They create a better seal than the stock because of the angle in it and super comfy. I was not aware the ca16 had this much bass lol.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Apr 13, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #2,660 of 3,770
CCA CSN was delivered today. The stock tips that came with it are so uncomfortable, had to swap them for starline tips(and the reverse starline tips). Trying them out as I am writing this. One thing that I did notice is that they will not likely be too comfortable (definitely not possible to sleep with them, they protrude a lot) for small ears like me.

*Edit* typo

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #2,661 of 3,770
My CSN finally came in the mail today after almost 1 month waiting.
Initial impression is pretty good. It sounds open and the bass has nice texture. Mid/vocal is not too recessed and the treble has no sibilance so far. It is a fun V shaped sound with enough detail and openess.
When comparing the CSN to the CKX, it is quite apparent the cost different between the two. The CKX is a lot more airy and detailed. The bass also tighter on the CKX. But for under $20, the CSN is an excellent value and the sound actually suits better for the mainstream.
I haven't compared it to the DQ6 which is another excellent value from KZ.

Attachments

• 20210413_155351.jpg
    20210413_155351.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 13, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #2,662 of 3,770
Does anyone hear any vibration/echo from the CSN when there is nothing playing? Try tapping the metal plate with your finger or clacking your teeth or even humming. I can hear the sound echoing inside the IEM. Of course when the music is playing, you can't hear it, but I can hear the bass changing when closing the port on the metal plate. With the port open, it sounded like a ported subwoofer.

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #2,663 of 3,770
Does anyone hear any vibration/echo from the CSN when there is nothing playing? Try tapping the metal plate with your finger or clacking your teeth or even humming. I can hear the sound echoing inside the IEM. Of course when the music is playing, you can't hear it, but I can hear the bass changing when closing the port on the metal plate. With the port open, it sounded like a ported subwoofer.
To me, it does sound like built in sub-woofers. :L3000:

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #2,664 of 3,770
Initial impression is pretty good. It sounds open and the bass has nice texture. Mid/vocal is not too recessed and the treble has no sibilance so far. It is a fun V shaped sound with enough detail and openess.
When comparing the CSN to the CKX, it is quite apparent the cost different between the two. The CKX is a lot more airy and detailed. The bass also tighter on the CKX. But for under $20, the CSN is an excellent value and the sound actually suits better for the mainstream.
Keep burning them in. They do get better! :beerchug:

Apr 13, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #2,665 of 3,770
CCA CSN was delivered today. The stock tips that came with it are so uncomfortable, had to swap them for starling tips(and the reverse starling tips). Trying them out as I am writing this. One thing that I did notice is that they will not likely be too comfortable (definitely not possible to sleep with them, they protrude a lot) for small ears like me.
Unfortunately, for people with small ears the CSN is just slightly bigger than the DQ6. So, if anyone has a problem with the size of the DQ6, then the CSN might not suit them, since they're slightly bigger.

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #2,666 of 3,770
Yes I confirm I can hear it but only on the left side shell when I tap it. I thought I had a bad lemon! As you said it doesnt affect the sound when Music is playing but nonetheless quite annoying.

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #2,667 of 3,770
Yes I confirm I can hear it but only on the left side shell when I tap it. I thought I had a bad lemon! As you said it doesnt affect the sound when Music is playing but nonetheless quite annoying.
I think it contribute for the vastness and weightier bass. Just like a ported subwoofer enclosure has that chamber to amplify the low end. It is only annoying when nothing is playing, but then you need to literally be a nutcracker to make it happen lol.

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #2,668 of 3,770
CCA CSN was delivered today. The stock tips that came with it are so uncomfortable, had to swap them for starling tips(and the reverse starling tips). Trying them out as I am writing this. One thing that I did notice is that they will not likely be too comfortable (definitely not possible to sleep with them, they protrude a lot) for small ears like me.
I have large ears and find the stock tips perfect, as I did with the CS16 and CA16. My CSN is burning in and is so far very impressive. The BA is not placed in the nozzle and is beside the DD. I think that this is the reason why they sound so coherent.

Apr 14, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #2,669 of 3,770
I agree, that's very similar to what I'm hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back