CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #1,952 of 3,770
1599473468138.png

The C10 pro looks a lot like Genos from One Punch Man lol.

1599473498082.png

Sep 7, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #1,954 of 3,770
Does it sound any different from the ZS10 Pro or C12?
I don't have either. But I have C10, which is probably a tamer version of ZS10Pro (I could be wrong).
C10Pro's bass & lower-mid sound similar to C10.
C10Pro has more energy from mids upward.
More detail & sibilant to my ears.
More airy & spacious sounding than C10.

Sep 7, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #1,955 of 3,770
Does it sound any different from the ZS10 Pro or C12?

They changed the BAs to DWEK BAs starting with ZSX - CA12, so timbre is better on both than older KZs. Tuning wise they are similar, with slight improvement on C12 in technicalities due 1 BA more. But most improvement is on timbre especially on highs, where ZS10 pro have metallic timbre to me.
I don't personally have C12 but have tried them and compared them with ZSX. I own ZS10 pro and ZSX.
Not real significant upgrade except timbre but if you break or lost your ZS10 pro, they are worthy substitute to them.
Or just wait for next KZ CCA, real soon.. As always..

Sep 7, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #1,957 of 3,770
I'm donning a flame suit for this - for monitoring when it comes to universal's I still pick up my Shure 215's over KZ's - they are more comfortable to wear for long periods, better isolation, (the supplied Olive foams are great foams) and the supplied cable is actually pretty decent, doesn't tangle, and will stand up to a battering on gigs. Pulling out a set of ears that are in a tangled mess right before you are about to play is not cool! Add in the soft case and they are good bang for buck. Once you factor in foams,cases,cables etc the price of the KZ's goes much closer or above the Shure's.
Technically the KZ and CCA offerings are superior - more detail etc but despite comparing Apple's to Oranges with multi ba sets vs single dd- theres something still more coherent about the sound of the single dynamic in the 215's.
I know they get a lot of flack on here but they are budget monitor kings in the performance world
I would have to agree, as a STAGE MONITOR, it’s actually really hard to beat Shure IEMs. They have the practical aspects down, with affordable, well isolating ear tips (foam and multi-flange), a durable cable, and a comfortable fit. There are good reasons why so many musicians still use them, and it’s not simply being ignorant of the other IEMs out there (although that is a factor too). Personal/portable audio is a very different purpose, and there are plenty of other better and more affordable options out there.

Sep 7, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #1,958 of 3,770
Just to give some credit to the C12. I've been treating these as beaters and they are still going strong....Cable tangles but that's a general KZ/CCA problem. Sound is clear and spacious, although I only have the ibasso IT100 to compare. I would recommended the C12 to anyone as its a quality allarouder at a low price.
Can't wait to try the newer edition from KZ/CCA

Sep 8, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #1,959 of 3,770
Just got my CCA C10 Pro review unit.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 13.42.59.jpeg

Slight V shaped, good technicalities (especially sound stage/imaging), bass is slightly north of neutral but not at basshead levels. Midbass > subbass, would have preferred more subbass extension. Lower mids are a bit too recessed for my tastes compared to upper mids, with upper mids/lower treble boosted but not that hot as some CHIFI sets eg TRN VX. Female vocals more forward than male vocals, though occasional sibilance is present unfortunately.

Another sad point is the circa 2018/2019 KZ/TRN type artificial timbre is back with a vengeance in the CCA C10, with acoustic instruments having rather poor timbre especially in the treble frequencies. I think this set will not be a good set for those who listen to music genres with predominantly acoustic instruments. But due to the good technical performance, I think it can do well in complex music and with synthetic instruments, or other modern day genres that don't deal with acoustic instruments.

Well these are OOTB impressions. I'll do some burn in and A/B testing with it against some hybrids like KZ ZS10 Pro over the next few days, but at this point in time, I think it is a marginal upgrade/sidegrade in the CCA/KZ stable. Probably in a few weeks, some new KZ/CCA model may very well make an appearance.

Sep 8, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #1,961 of 3,770
The C10 Pro does quite well with energetic live guitar performance (1:04). Dug up this old favourite of mine!

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #1,962 of 3,770
So, just saw the BGGAR review ZAX vs. CCA CA16 and it is CCA by a nose for the win! :)

Sep 8, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #1,964 of 3,770
So, just saw the BGGAR review ZAX vs. CCA CA16 and it is CCA by a nose for the win! :)

I passed on the CA16 since I wanted to see what KZ came up with but after seeing the ZAX it looks like the CA16 is something I might try. I want a multi BA hybrid in a well fitting shell which the CA16 deffinately has. Same shell as the Z3 BT set which I had and loved the fit. KZ can really be unpredictable with their offerings. The ZSX vs C12 cage match gave the victory to the ZSX for me by a landslide.

There is no consistency with this company.

Sep 8, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #1,965 of 3,770
I passed on the CA16 since I wanted to see what KZ came up with but after seeing the ZAX it looks like the CA16 is something I might try. I want a multi BA hybrid in a well fitting shell which the CA16 deffinately has. Same shell as the Z3 BT set which I had and loved the fit. KZ can really be unpredictable with their offerings. The ZSX vs C12 cage match gave the victory to the ZSX for me by a landslide.

There is no consistency with this company.
The shell of the ZAX looks very similar, or identical, to the ZS10 Pro's shell, which fits fantastic for me. C12 shell is painful for me, great sound though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back