CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #1,517 of 3,770
That's correct. It was because crinacle had some things to say about the C10 in his list that people talked about it again, and that's why I looked at it again.

I think it's good if people take another look at the C10. I think it has strengths that should be enhanced in future chi-fi IEMs.

crinacle has also upset people by trashing beloved IEMs, and that is going to generate discontent. I haven't heard the T800, but I would probably enjoy it more than crinacle did.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #1,518 of 3,770
I think it's good if people take another look at the C10. I think it has strengths that should be enhanced in future chi-fi IEMs.
With the type of music you use in your review, and your liking C10's sound signature; you should take a look at KZ AS10. IMHO, it's a wizard with vocals and mid/bass control. It's doesn't do hard-hitting treble, but pairing it with silver-plated cable should help a bit.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #1,519 of 3,770
C10 is a real gem in sub $25 or even sub $20 realm. Fatigue free listening and gives you enough details to enjoy the music. Haven't heard C12 but if someone asks me a great all rounder under $30 then C10 will be amongst the top 3 iems that I'd recommend. I still grieve my C10 loss so much that I haven't purchased another one despite being able to purchase it for almost $15 during sales. Because it'd make my other investments redundant due to it's addictive nature. I vividly remember @1clearhead 's impressions during the launch phase and I just feel awfully miserable to misplace such a great iem.

Jan 15, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #1,520 of 3,770
C10 is a real gem in sub $25 or even sub $20 realm. Fatigue free listening and gives you enough details to enjoy the music. Haven't heard C12 but if someone asks me a great all rounder under $30 then C10 will be amongst the top 3 iems that I'd recommend. I still grieve my C10 loss so much that I haven't purchased another one despite being able to purchase it for almost $15 during sales. Because it'd make my other investments redundant due to it's addictive nature. I vividly remember @1clearhead 's impressions during the launch phase and I just feel awfully miserable to misplace such a great iem.
Yup! Great all-a-rounder for such a low price! ...You can enjoy most genre's with ease! :smile::thumbsup:

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #1,521 of 3,770
Got My CCA C10 Today, So far tried with my BTR3 and xDuoo XD-05 (Netflix/Prime/Youtube binging) and now with X5-2 playing my collection. As of now at least 5-6 hours of continuous usage till I open the box...Totally Fatigue Free Listening. I can't do this on with TRN V90.....Ears getting tired much faster due to its details retrieval nature.

This is my first CCA and yes I bought this after recent hype which I read from TRN thread. CCA C10 one of the great movie watching set also.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #1,522 of 3,770
Got My CCA C10 Today, So far tried with my BTR3 and xDuoo XD-05 (Netflix/Prime/Youtube binging) and now with X5-2 playing my collection. As of now at least 5-6 hours of continuous usage till I open the box...Totally Fatigue Free Listening. I can't do this on with TRN V90.....Ears getting tired much faster due to its details retrieval nature.

This is my first CCA and yes I bought this after recent hype which I read from TRN thread. CCA C10 one of the great movie watching set also.

>.Ears getting tired much faster due to its details retrieval nature.

you got a point there,

seems I'm running into this with the TRN V90 vs. the TRN ST1 while listening to meditation and relaxation music, also binaural beats and entrainment stuff

this is weird ... gotta check if this also holds true with ASMR or what it's called

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #1,523 of 3,770
>.Ears getting tired much faster due to its details retrieval nature.

you got a point there,

seems I'm running into this with the TRN V90 vs. the TRN ST1 while listening to meditation and relaxation music, also binaural beats and entrainment stuff

this is weird ... gotta check if this also holds true with ASMR or what it's called

Listening fatigue is a common side effect of earphones with BA drivers, due to the ultra high frequencies.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #1,526 of 3,770
Listening fatigue is a common side effect of earphones with BA drivers, due to the ultra high frequencies.

Boosted peaks is more is real reason.

Now adapt my volume compared to the boosted peaks. I don't have fatiguing hear by boosted peaks so I never feel really the aggressive treble for example

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #1,530 of 3,770

My recent experience with C12 cables to share.
The new generation of multicoloured cables offers amazingly rich psychoacoustic experience!
Here I feel that silver enhancies treble nicely, opens it up, makes it breathe; the blue supports the tightness in the bass, brings the crispiness to an overall balance; and the shiny connector parts make the overall experience a touch overly exuberant for my senses. The next step is to get the matte ones and compare :)
Just wanted to say that thanks to your photo I was able to figure out how to properly connect the cables. Did not want to play the guessing game so was glad to find your photo!

Excited to try the C12s out with this KB Ear upgrade cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back