CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #1,216 of 3,770
Just make sure you swap the default ear tips to the star line silicone ear tips included in the package! ...after swapping, the C12 are contagious, plus they rule! :muscle::yum:

Had already bought 30 pairs of starlines since I really like their feel in my ears! Stock cable is comfortable or needs some help? Intend to use pink zsn cable woth it. Or buy CCA cable for hipster look

Sep 14, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #1,217 of 3,770
Had already bought 30 pairs of starlines since I really like their feel in my ears! Stock cable is comfortable or needs some help? Intend to use pink zsn cable woth it. Or buy CCA cable for hipster look
Stock cable are comfy and does really well with the performance aspect of the sound. I'm sure upgrading the cable will make them sound even more premium! :beerchug:

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #1,218 of 3,770
Stock cable are comfy and does really well with the performance aspect of the sound. I'm sure upgrading the cable will make them sound even more premium! :beerchug:

Don't know about sound but surely makes things comfortable around ear and improves aesthetics. I haven't heard noticeable sonic difference via upgrade cables. More power to those who hear it as I have absolutely nothing against that notion.

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #1,219 of 3,770
Sovi got the C12 and imo it sounds like an improved KZ ZS10 Pro. Personally i prefer the KZ ZSX though. The C12 is a bit more forward in the 2-5khz range, which makes vocals more forward but also more fatiguing in general. No sibiliance, just a bit edgy in the 2-5kz range.

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #1,220 of 3,770
Sovi got the C12 and imo it sounds like an improved KZ ZS10 Pro. Personally i prefer the KZ ZSX though. The C12 is a bit more forward in the 2-5khz range, which makes vocals more forward but also more fatiguing in general. No sibiliance, just a bit edgy in the 2-5kz range.
Did you try swapping the ear tips for the star line ones in the package?

I get the opposite effect...
With the C12, and using the star line ear tips the sound is balanced with no metallic sound and truly balanced range with plenty of details and non-fatiguing sound that also shows great sonic improvement. I really due like the ZSX, but because of the bulky housing (might not be for everyone) and the way the placement of drivers are placed in their housing, I do still hear a metallic-like signature creep-up once in a while. So, it helps using the star line ear tips as well smoothing out the whole signature, but at the same time, ironically it does lose some clean details in the 2-5khz register, while the C12 presents it perfectly.

So, I have it like this...

If you purchased the C12:
The default ear tips has a bit of an upper range 2-5khz that can easily be fixed by swapping to the star line ear tips for an enriched and perfectly balanced non-metallic sound signature.

If you purchased the ZSX:
The default ear tips might be the best way to go by making sure they are pushed all the way into the nozzle itself, so when you finally wear them you get a very similar balanced sound signature, but as I said before, because of the way the drivers are placed in the housing, you might still get some metallic sound creep-up at you. So, best bet is to use the star line ear tips to smooth out the slight metallic sound for an enjoyable experience even though you'll experience a more distant midrange giving them almost a slight V-shape effect.

Lastly, on the positive side they both demonstrate incredible improvements on their drivers, sound, and appearance, while listening to a non-harsh and non-sibilant experience.

I'll express more details later in the week...

-Clear

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #1,221 of 3,770
Did you try swapping the ear tips for the star line ones in the package?

I get the opposite effect...
With the C12, and using the star line ear tips the sound is balanced with no metallic sound and truly balanced range with plenty of details and non-fatiguing sound that also shows great sonic improvement. I really due like the ZSX, but because of the bulky housing (might not be for everyone) and the way the placement of drivers are placed in their housing, I do still hear a metallic-like signature creep-up once in a while. So, it helps using the star line ear tips as well smoothing out the whole signature, but at the same time, ironically it does lose some clean details in the 2-5khz register, while the C12 presents it perfectly.

So, I have it like this...

If you purchased the C12:
The default ear tips has a bit of an upper range 2-5khz that can easily be fixed by swapping to the star line ear tips for an enriched and perfectly balanced non-metallic sound signature.

If you purchased the ZSX:
The default ear tips might be the best way to go by making sure they are pushed all the way into the nozzle itself, so when you finally wear them you get a very similar balanced sound signature, but as I said before, because of the way the drivers are placed in the housing, you might still get some metallic sound creep-up at you. So, best bet is to use the star line ear tips to smooth out the slight metallic sound for an enjoyable experience even though you'll experience a more distant midrange giving them almost a slight V-shape effect.

Lastly, on the positive side they both demonstrate incredible improvements on their drivers, sound, and appearance, while listening to a non-harsh and non-sibilant experience.

I'll express more details later in the week...

-Clear

I use Dekoni foam tips on both of them. The C12 is more exciting in the 2-5khz range, the sound in that range kind of reminds me of the Moondrop Crescent mixed with the ZS10 Pro. It's not pushed to the point of pain, but it's more than I'd like for a longer listening session, where i would prefer the more relaxed ZSX. The C12 might win in clarity because of that, but the ZSX wins in separation and soundstage. The C12 sounds more closed in and congested.

On a side note i don't have issues with comfort on either of them. My ears sweat and move when i clench my jaw or talk, so i always lose the seal with silicone tips, which is why i use foam tips.

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #1,222 of 3,770
I use Dekoni foam tips on both of them. The C12 is more exciting in the 2-5khz range, the sound in that range kind of reminds me of the Moondrop Crescent mixed with the ZS10 Pro. It's not pushed to the point of pain, but it's more than I'd like for a longer listening session, where i would prefer the more relaxed ZSX. The C12 might win in clarity because of that, but the ZSX wins in separation and soundstage. The C12 sounds more closed in and congested.

On a side note i don't have issues with comfort on either of them. My ears sweat and move when i clench my jaw or talk, so i always lose the seal with silicone tips, which is why i use foam tips.
Got it!

Foam tips do bring a different experience on both models. I basically hear the opposite with silicone ear tips on both models. With silicone ear tips, I hear better separation and soundstage with the C12. But, overall they are both unique and competitive, whether against each other or against many other IEM's in the market.

If you ask me, they are both winners for different walks of life. ...They are both that good! :beerchug:

-Clear

Sep 15, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #1,223 of 3,770
I just receive my C12 yesterday. Immediately change to Starline tips as suggested by @1clearhead . I've been listening to it for 6 hour straight since this morning. Very2 good pair of IEM. I can agree on everything what @1clearhead been hyping up.

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #1,224 of 3,770
I just receive my C12 yesterday. Immediately change to Starline tips as suggested by @1clearhead . I've been listening to it for 6 hour straight since this morning. Very2 good pair of IEM. I can agree on everything what @1clearhead been hyping up.
6 hours straight? Man, you beat my record by one hour! :fearful: ...I thought I held that record at 5 hours!

But, seriously no hype. They're just another awesome good sounding pair of in-ear earphones well done!.:thumbsup:

-Clear :beerchug:

Sep 15, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #1,225 of 3,770
Got it!

Foam tips do bring a different experience on both models. I basically hear the opposite with silicone ear tips on both models. With silicone ear tips, I hear better separation and soundstage with the C12. But, overall they are both unique and competitive, whether against each other or against many other IEM's in the market.

If you ask me, they are both winners for different walks of life. ...They are both that good! :beerchug:

-Clear

As much as i don't like silicone, i will try the starline with the c12 and see if you are right. I feel like it's even harder to get a seal with starline though since they are more oval football shaped than the more spherical shape of normal silicone tips

Sep 15, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #1,227 of 3,770
I use my ZS10pros daily for 8-10 hrs a day. They are extraordinary for the money. Is it really a noticeable upgrade if I bought a pair of ZSXs? I know they are cheap but so am I

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #1,228 of 3,770
I use my ZS10pros daily for 8-10 hrs a day. They are extraordinary for the money. Is it really a noticeable upgrade if I bought a pair of ZSXs? I know they are cheap but so am I

I only had my ZSX for a couple days but I did some comparisons. From what I remember ZSX is a bit darker overall, smoother in the lower treble, with a somewhat more natural timbre but just about equal in detail. For me, it felt like a side-grade for the most part from the ZS10 Pro, but ultimately comfort issues made me return them. Otherwise I was happy with the sound. I should have the CCA C12 soon and I look forward to testing those.

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #1,229 of 3,770
It seems as if there's a sale on CCA right now, and I've had my eye on the C10 and CA4.

I've heard that the C10 is kind of a different interpretation of the ZS10 Pro? Or the ZS 6-10-N lineup? The C10 is said to be smoother for easier listening during longer periods. Less harsh. And the CA4 is like the KZ7.

The C10 and CA4 are available for $23 and $13, respectively. I'm assuming that those are good prices. I already have a ZS7 and there is a ZS-10 Pro on the way, but if the C10 or CA4 are smoother, more comfortable, and with less hard peaks, I'd be willing to pick one up.

But there's also the KBear KB06 to consider, which combines aspects of these IEMs, although it's somewhat all-over-the-map.

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,230 of 3,770
It seems as if there's a sale on CCA right now, and I've had my eye on the C10 and CA4.

I've heard that the C10 is kind of a different interpretation of the ZS10 Pro? Or the ZS 6-10-N lineup? The C10 is said to be smoother for easier listening during longer periods. Less harsh. And the CA4 is like the KZ7.

The C10 and CA4 are available for $23 and $13, respectively. I'm assuming that those are good prices. I already have a ZS7 and there is a ZS-10 Pro on the way, but if the C10 or CA4 are smoother, more comfortable, and with less hard peaks, I'd be willing to pick one up.

But there's also the KBear KB06 to consider, which combines aspects of these IEMs, although it's somewhat all-over-the-map.
I have CA4, C10 and KB06. CA4 is V shaped, C10 more balanced with smooth rolled off treble and KB06 has good sub bass, forward mids and more extended treble, somewhat W shaped. For me, the KB06 is the best of the three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back