CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 7, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #707 of 3,770
Well, I could not resist any more, so I ordered the C16's yesterday. This is my first new purchase in a while, as I am quite satisfied with the ZS10's and Tin Audio T2 I am using right now...

May 7, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #708 of 3,770
Search for “KZ pink copper cable” and you will see it. Price is $2.95 on the mobile app. You can only buy 1 at that price though. If you try getting more than 1, it charges you almost as much for shipping as the cable costs!

The one you want is the type C (or it may say ZSN). With it without mic is up to you. The mic version is a bit more expensive.

Using link provided by HungryPanda.
I managed to get one for £3.02, then changed quantity to 2 and got the second at same price
Also, picked up some large ear tips for pennies really.

Nice one

May 7, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #712 of 3,770
Just got a pair of these but the tip of the ear canal is too big for my ears :anguished: and it hurts a bit
Also tried with Apogee Groove, uBTR and S7.

A quick comparison using AK TRN 8 core cable:
S7: Sound is muffled with roll-off highs, mids not detailed, bass bleeds all over the place
uBTR: This sounds nicer and more open, overall very nicely balanced to enjoy music without being too demanding in terms of listening
Groove: The sound is "fuller", with better separation, not necessarily more pleasant, especially in the low end which takes over

I would say that the sound with the s7 is just plain bad, with the uBTR has more "air" (better to walk around with) to it and the apogee is more suited for a deep listening session.

I wish they had more soundstage, which is nothing compared to CustomArt's FIBAE2, I guess this could be a downside from having so many drivers cramped in one place with the C16

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #714 of 3,770
FB_IMG_1557257398040.jpg

May 8, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #716 of 3,770
Search for “KZ pink copper cable” and you will see it. Price is $2.95 on the mobile app. You can only buy 1 at that price though. If you try getting more than 1, it charges you almost as much for shipping as the cable costs!

The one you want is the type C (or it may say ZSN). With it without mic is up to you. The mic version is a bit more expensive.

just ordered one of these for the princely sum of £2.92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back