CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 9, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #3,601 of 3,770
But how can they achieve such a full sound, for example sennheisers (ie800 etc.), if they have only one driver? If I understand correctly...
Probably because that IEM wasn't just stuffing any driver, into any shell that happens to fit in an ear. You have two options designing something. One is make a barrage of different options and keep your fingers crossed. The other is hire talented designers and give them some time.

Sep 10, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #3,602 of 3,770
Probably because that IEM wasn't just stuffing any driver, into any shell that happens to fit in an ear. You have two options designing something. One is make a barrage of different options and keep your fingers crossed. The other is hire talented designers and give them some time.
:) Sure, time is what many Chinese products "lack"...

Sep 11, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #3,603 of 3,770
The CCA Ca16s showed their true capabilities at last night's gig.

The UE 5 Pros sound.... Good. They fit perfectly. However, my kick drum was distorting at not even very high volume. The toms were doing the same thing.

I switched over to my CCA CA16s, and those were absolutely perfect. They sounded like a full on concert in my ears. Slamming kick, punchy, deep toms. They are absolutely crystal clear on top of that.

I know this is an 8 driver vs dual driver setup, but I'm amazed at these $50 iems completely blowing away my Ultimate Ears.

Now the UEs do sound great, and they aren't blown or anything. Listening to music on them, they're great. Good bass and highs, but sound wise, nothing like the CCA which just shine for us drummers.

The problem with universal ears are the fit and seal for sure. Somehow the CCA fit my ears nearly as good as my customs as I said before, and I'm sure that helps. I got very lucky it seems on these.

Anyway, just had to brag on these ears vs the MUCH more expensive set I got that doesn't compare.

Sep 12, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #3,604 of 3,770
The MH755 is a DD though. The CCA Planar driver may not be able to handle the same shelf/levels.

I wasn't too far off. 100-300Hz slight cut does approach Harman more based on the measurements.

Confirmed that things do get a bit weird from 1-7kHz. Adjustments in that area help the sound quite a bit. It sounds like a much more capable IEM with those peaks and dips smoothed out.

Actually... things sound significantly better now. There's a huge difference heard when A/B'ing between EQ and no EQ.

It's hard to recommend the CCA PLA13 at it's stock tuning, but if you're willing to EQ there are some significant gains to be had. It's forgiveable at the ~$50 paid.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #3,605 of 3,770
Hello fellow head-fier’s…here’s my “quick impression” on the CCA PLA13.

PROS:
Fun sounding V-shape signature
Good bass extension with plenty of rumble
Smooth and extended treble
No sibilance or harshness
Nice frontal and depth soundstage with better than average width
They are light and easy to wear
Benefits better with a headphone amp or louder sources.

CONS:
V-shape sound signature might not be for everyone
Heavy bass response
Laid-back MID’s
Soundstage width is just a little better than average
Earphones might feel too light for some
Detachable wire might feel a little cheap
Lack of accessories
Power hungry, might need a headphone amp or louder source.

My QUICK IMPRESSION:
After comparing them to my LetShuoer Z12, I came to the conclusion that the CCA PLA13 does what a V-shape signature unit should do overall…and that’s perform as a V-shape unit according to the CCA company.

My PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS:
Change the detachable cables or earphone tips to either tame the bass or uplift the MID’s and even treble to a more detailed and technical experience.
If you notice below, I changed my detachable cables to a Gold/Silver plated cable from KZ/CCA, which in turn gave me a better overall detailed listening experience. After initiating the changes, I can say that it eventually competes very well with most of my DD’s in general. Since, it’s a V-shape signature, I did get it to sound at least 80 percent to my Z12 -minus the wide soundstage, midrange, and higher-end micro details. Though, knowing that these are planar earphones and the changes I decided to make with the detachable cables, now it sounds good for the price.

1662050938011.jpg1662050938032.jpg1662050938022 (2).jpg1662050937992.jpg1662050938002 (2).jpg

My FINAL THOUGHTS:
If, and when they ever come down in price and you’re willing to change the detachable cables, they can overall be a good purchase, IMHO.

PS. If they would have provided better cables and more accessories (different earphone tips), my satisfactory rate would have been much higher. I give them 4 out of 5.

-Clear

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #3,606 of 3,770

PROS:

CONS:
Heavy bass response
Laid-back MID’s
Lack of accessories

My QUICK IMPRESSION:
After comparing them to my LetShuoer Z12, I came to the conclusion that the CCA PLA13 does what a V-shape signature unit should do overall…and that’s perform as a V-shape unit according to the CCA company.

My PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS:
Change the detachable cables or earphone tips to either tame the bass or uplift the MID’s and even treble to a more detailed and technical experience.
If you notice below, I changed my detachable cables to a Gold/Silver plated cable from KZ/CCA, which in turn gave me a better overall detailed listening experience. After initiating the changes, I can say that it eventually competes very well with most of my DD’s in general. Since, it’s a V-shape signature, I did get it to sound at least 80 percent to my Z12 -minus the wide soundstage, midrange, and higher-end micro details. Though, knowing that these are planar earphones and the changes I decided to make with the detachable cables, now it sounds good for the price.

1662050938011.jpg1662050938032.jpg1662050938022 (2).jpg1662050937992.jpg1662050938002 (2).jpg

My FINAL THOUGHTS:
If, and when they ever come down in price and you’re willing to change the detachable cables, they can overall be a good purchase, IMHO.

PS. If they would have provided better cables and more accessories (different earphone tips), my satisfactory rate would have been much higher -4 out of 5.

-Clear

I’ve been using mine to watch movies with. They’re great for cinematic sound. Not holographic, but big and lush.

Sep 12, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #3,607 of 3,770
I tried the S12 at Canjam recently and they were too hot in the lower treble for me, as well as short nozzles and difficult fit (an issue I had with all the LETSHUOER models there). Is the CCA smoother in that regard? I'd probably run it with a balanced silver cable.

Sep 12, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #3,608 of 3,770
I tried the S12 at Canjam recently and they were too hot in the lower treble for me, as well as short nozzles and difficult fit (an issue I had with all the LETSHUOER models there). Is the CCA smoother in that regard? I'd probably run it with a balanced silver cable.
According to the graph below by Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews, this is how I hear the Z12, not the S12. To me the Z12 are not shouty, maybe due to the lower bass and finer highs, which balances out everything else. Now, with the PLA13, the high's do sound smoother, but never lacking any for that matter. So, if you're okay paying for a much lighter unit with cheaper detachable cables and less accessories, then the V-sound signature should be nice for the price and pose no problem.

LetShuoer Z12 vs S12.jpg

-Clear

Sep 12, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #3,609 of 3,770

PROS:

CONS:
Heavy bass response
Laid-back MID’s
Lack of accessories

My QUICK IMPRESSION:

My PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS:

My FINAL THOUGHTS:

PS. If they would have provided better cables and more accessories (different earphone tips), my satisfactory rate would have been much higher -4 out of 5.

-Clear
Do you have any ref of your gold/silver cable ?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #3,610 of 3,770
hello, is the cca a10 technically and in terms of potential on par with the cca c16? I can remember reading that the cca a10 has the same sound quality. I would be very grateful for an answer because there is a price difference of 70€ between the two

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #3,611 of 3,770
hello, is the cca a10 technically and in terms of potential on par with the cca c16? I can remember reading that the cca a10 has the same sound quality. I would be very grateful for an answer because there is a price difference of 70€ between the two
CCA CA16 is currently the "older" gen that is still pretty well loved

Sep 12, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #3,613 of 3,770
A10 are quite different from C16, A10 (the same as KBEar KB10 and Tripowin TP10(?)) are very treble-rich (1-3 kHz), very revealing that some considered "screaming banshees".
A10 can definitely be harsh for electronic music, for me it is great for some classical music.

AS12 and AS16 pro may be worth to consider as being closer to C16 (AS12 feature great bass; 16 pro are more balanced overall, while C16 to me are about thick lush mids).

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #3,614 of 3,770
I'm starting to wonder if IEMs like the CCA PLA13 are intentionally tuned a bit "off" as the first model, then they get "refined" into a better, more expensive product with a better tuning.

I'm not a fan of the PLA13 ootb at all. With a tip, cable, and EQ change, I'm really liking it. It sounds far more crisp and capable, almost like a completely new IEM. I'm getting excellent bass response, and the fixed mids and treble sound so much more natural and present.

I could easily see CCA releasing a "Pro" version of this with the adjusted tuning and a $20 price bump. Maybe I just spoiled the Q1 2023 plan?

Sep 12, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #3,615 of 3,770
I'm starting to wonder if IEMs like the CCA PLA13 are intentionally tuned a bit "off" as the first model, then they get "refined" into a better, more expensive product with a better tuning.

I'm not a fan of the PLA13 ootb at all. With a tip, cable, and EQ change, I'm really liking it. It sounds far more crisp and capable, almost like a completely new IEM. I'm getting excellent bass response, and the fixed mids and treble sound so much more natural and present.

I could easily see CCA releasing a "Pro" version of this with the adjusted tuning and a $20 price bump. Maybe I just spoiled the Q1 2023 plan?

I’m sure this happens in lots of tech sectors to one degree or another. It makes no sense to show all your cards right off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back