CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #2,236 of 3,770
An interesting observation.
What is your source?
Also what happens if you use an original KZ cable (the legendary brown one) - will it make the sound even warmer?
With the original or silver cable, they tend to sound somewhat sibilant or harsh at times with less textured and muddier bass. But, with the pure copper cable changes all that and adds texture and lush with deeper sub-bass response, while the MIDS and treble sounds ambient and pristine on top. No harshness, or sibilance found after the changes made. I ran them through several chi-fi digital and analog tube amplifier gears at home, and also my trusty ASUS smart phone with built in hi-end audio source.

Nov 4, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #2,238 of 3,770
With the original or silver cable, they tend to sound somewhat sibilant or harsh at times with less textured and muddier bass. But, with the pure copper cable changes all that and adds texture and lush with deeper sub-bass response, while the MIDS and treble sounds ambient and pristine on top. No harshness, or sibilance found after the changes made. I ran them through several chi-fi digital and analog tube amplifier gears at home, and also my trusty ASUS smart phone with built in hi-end audio source.
The original cable is copper (at least 99.9%).
When using a balanced output, I cannot find any difference between pure copper, spc and silver ones), so I am trying to understand what can be the reasons for this difference.
For me, CA10 pro have a tighter (and arguably better) bass then ZS10 pro, but then it looses most of the "fun" of ZS10 pro, and not yet becoming A10.
I would not compare C10 pro with C10 - they are different designs/signatures to me.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #2,239 of 3,770
The original cable is copper (at least 99.9%).
When using a balanced output, I cannot find any difference between pure copper, spc and silver ones), so I am trying to understand what can be the reasons for this difference.
For me, CA10 pro have a tighter (and arguably better) bass then ZS10 pro, but then it looses most of the "fun" of ZS10 pro, and not yet becoming A10.
I would not compare C10 pro with C10 - they are different designs/signatures to me.
The wire I'm referring to is the shiny copper wire, which is a separate purchase, not the dull one that comes with the C10.

Nov 4, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #2,240 of 3,770
The wire I'm referring to is the shiny copper wire, which is a separate purchase, not the dull one that comes with the C10.

The nice one that came with the purple ZSN...THE best stock cable KZ hands down.

Nov 4, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #2,241 of 3,770
The nice one that came with the purple ZSN...THE best stock cable KZ hands down.
I agree that this cable looks nice (I have two - one from the purple ZSN, another was some bonus).

I am not guilty of trying to use the stock cable with C10 pro, since I used balanced ones.
Different balanced cables did not change the sound noticeably for me (copper or silver)
So I am trying to figure out whether it is some fortunate impedance match... or something else...

Nov 4, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #2,243 of 3,770
+1 Yes! ...Exactly! I don't know why they don't supply these cables instead.

Luckily I bought a pile of them when they were $2.95 shipped. I’m not even sure if they are still for sale from that seller.

Nov 4, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #2,245 of 3,770
Luckily I bought a pile of them when they were $2.95 shipped. I’m not even sure if they are still for sale from that seller.

I bought one from the "Greendio Audio Store" just recently and they came through. So they've still got 'em :)

Nov 4, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #2,246 of 3,770
I think the "shiny copper cable that comes with purple ZSN" is now bundled with EDX?

I looked up the pictures and they look identical to my eyes. No real samples so take my word with a grain of salt :).

Nov 5, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #2,247 of 3,770
Nov 5, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #2,248 of 3,770
Me, still waiting for CCA C20, first rumored March 2, 2019:thinking:

Well I would consider the CCA C20 to be synonymous to the recent KZ ASX? 10 drivers each side, both under the KZ/CCA pokemon family.

Nov 5, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #2,249 of 3,770
Well I would consider the CCA C20 to be synonymous to the recent KZ ASX? 10 drivers each side, both under the KZ/CCA pokemon family.
It almost always used to be a pair of their pokemons (CA16/ZAX, AS16/C16), so just ASX would feel so lonely (a self-ironic comment reflecting on reaching such highs/bottom in this hobby...)

Nov 5, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #2,250 of 3,770
CSA and CST are now available:
https://m.aliexpress.com/store/v3/h...b3ol&pagePath=index.htm&gclid=null&extParams=
Perhaps, CCA were disappointed in their fans swapping the cables for "softer copper", "brighter silver" and "shiny copper cables are better", so the fixed cables for you now :)

Me, still waiting for CCA C20, first rumored March 2, 2019:thinking:
Why is the CSA just a more expensive fixed cable version of the EDX? Literally don't understand who would buy that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back