CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #166 of 3,770
The ZS7 would be a good upgrade for more clarity and improved bass slam, as well as better instrument separation. Or go for the C16, if that is within the budget, for more clarity and detail with even better instrument separation and soundstage and less strong but tight bass.
Using my C10 with Spiral Dots, which are also wide bore, don't like the star tips on anything.
Just tried changing the ear tips.. the same mid sized bore ones as before but its from another IEM ( TRN V20/ Revonext ) and gray in colour.. it sounds better now..

Mar 11, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #167 of 3,770
IMG_0030.JPG

Have not listened yet. Will start tomorrow.

Mar 11, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #169 of 3,770
After reading this thread I've got an impression that the C16 is a rather bright signature, am I right about that?

Does anyone own any of the same IEM's as I've got (check my profile for full list ) and can do a small comparison with the C16?

I could compare to the Phonak, but I don't have it with me at the moment.

Yeah, I needed gigantic ear tips to hold the C10 in my ear canal. That's the only ear tips that worked with C10 but, consequently, the nozzles stay a bit further out than I would like. Sounds decent enough to me, so I just let it be.

Yes, the C10 does work its way out of your ears.

Just tried changing the ear tips.. the same mid sized bore ones as before but its from another IEM ( TRN V20/ Revonext ) and gray in colour.. it sounds better now..

That is good to hear, some experimenting with ear tips can really make a difference.

C16 looks like upper mid/lower treble focused with recession in the lower mids

Yes, the C16 sounds great, but the recessed lower mids are a drawback.

Mar 11, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #170 of 3,770
I have both 10 &16 and they are both excellent in different ways I think.
The C10s are the first iems I’ve owned that drastically changed over time. It seems like early on people are hearing different things when new out of the box....then everything eventually smooths out. Balanced sound is where mine eventually got to and stayed.

The C16s are closer to neutral as time goes by. The amount of detail is what strikes me as the main difference between the two. The C10s are more dynamic it seems after everything settles. The C16s are still very detailed but a touch less dynamic unless the recording calls for it. Closer to neutral with extensive detail and bigger soundstage.
I always thought the C16s were like C10s but more mature with the details standing out. Both are excellent, each having subtle differences.
Everybody hears differently but in general those are the differences over time.

Mar 11, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #172 of 3,770
I’m not using any type of headphones on head-fi.... I use an ipad to read through posts.
So I really couldn’t say SweetEars.

Mar 11, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #173 of 3,770
I have both 10 &16 and they are both excellent in different ways I think.
The C10s are the first iems I’ve owned that drastically changed over time. It seems like early on people are hearing different things when new out of the box....then everything eventually smooths out. Balanced sound is where mine eventually got to and stayed.

The C16s are closer to neutral as time goes by. The amount of detail is what strikes me as the main difference between the two. The C10s are more dynamic it seems after everything settles. The C16s are still very detailed but a touch less dynamic unless the recording calls for it. Closer to neutral with extensive detail and bigger soundstage.
I always thought the C16s were like C10s but more mature with the details standing out. Both are excellent, each having subtle differences.
Everybody hears differently but in general those are the differences over time.
I agree with that, my C16 just keeps getting better and better. The treble is more extended and smoother after about 200 hours and the detail retrieval is outstanding. Transient attack is excellent.

Mar 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #174 of 3,770
@SweetEars
Let your C10 run over 100 hours and play around with ear tips and cables, if you have them. I suspect the C10's eventual sound signature may not be to your liking. IMO, it's more of an all-rounder IEM, whereas, you seem to be describing a preference for energetic sounds. I don't think the C10 is that. I don't have the ZS7, but been reading about it, and that sounds like a more energetic version of C10. Don't decide until after the C10's seen 100 hours played.
I have changed the eartips and now the sound is more soundstage oriented, some of the airiess is back

Mar 11, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #175 of 3,770
So now I'm looking forward to see the graphs after 400 hours of burn in, lmao :wink:

Mar 11, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #176 of 3,770
with regards to my previous posts about the C10 sound, i had some problems with the windows drivers... windows 10 1703.1809 installs the wrong drivers ( accrording to another forum ) . As a result, inbuilt sound cards and any USB audio card will expereince a loss of reverb ( flat dull muffled sounds)... i just corrected it yesterday ...

Mar 11, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #178 of 3,770
I have changed the eartips and now the sound is more soundstage oriented, some of the airiess is back
Yes, that's right. I changed the supplied tips for Spiral Dots. The wide bore brings back the soundstage and the treble detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back