CC51 or A151?
Apr 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ickayR

New Head-Fier
Can't decide on which one to buy. They both seemed about equal in Joker's review (stat wise),but what are the main differences? I looked at the Xcapes & was really impressed w/ the review it got,but apparently you can't buy 'em anywhere The v2's are getting bad reviews,but since I'm new to sound equipment,should I buy 'em? The only thing I didn't like about the CC51 & the A151 were the sound ratings,& 7.6 & 7.8. So I really don't know which one I should buy/

I'm down to either the CC51,the A151,or possibly the Xcapes v2. I listen to rock & need good isolation,don't really know what the best sound signature for rock. Anyone have any ideas. Are the v2's worse than the V1's by alot?

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 7
Its the confusion like yours which sunrise created by releasing a new version of an already successful iem. I dont think they will make the v2 as popular as the first version was.
Nevertheless. Dont take those ratings too heart breaking. Consider that the 10/10 which affects all the ratings is a custom fit iem with 3 balanced armature drivers, and costs 400$.
I personally have the brainwavz M1 which are rated 7/10. They were my first serious iems and i was pleasantly surprised when i first listen to them. Its big difference from mainstream iems and buds sold in local stores.
Considering that your selections get 0.5 - 1 point higher than the M1, iam sure you will be happy too.
The only thing you should consider when deciding, is which is nearer to your sound signature you prefer. This is very important because if you like a lot of bass and get for example audio technica ck10, rated at almost 10/10 from joker you will be disappointed by the amounts of  bass.

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #4 of 7
The CC51 has much stronger bass than the A151 and is very bass-centric. I personally sold my pair because the bass, while punchy and good quality, was a bit too strong for my tastes.

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #5 of 7
Maybe that means that cc51 is more sound friendly for new people to the scene. Personally i love the cc51 looks. :)
But again a151 can be worn either over the ear or straight down so they might be more comfortable. If you like bass, go for the cc51. If you like more clear and detailed sound go for the a151.

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #6 of 7
Don't think the CC51 isn't muddy or unclear, it has a surprisingly good clarity throughout the spectrum. Just the low-end of things seems to take the frontstage and I personally didn't like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back