Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Jun 3, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #632 of 2,224
I use the warranty on my credit card, the protection from Aliexpress etc, far better than buying a used market place item in my opinion.
Musicteck honors its warranty. I believe you’re incorrect about aliexpress giving you a warranty on the item. It’s Cayin that does it through official distributors. In any case, I’m feeling more secure buying from official distributors, I had enough problems with my Ibasso to be certain that a little premium over the cheapest price is worth it not to be stuck with 2k$ dap that isn’t working.

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #633 of 2,224
Musicteck honors its warranty. I believe you’re incorrect about aliexpress giving you a warranty on the item. It’s Cayin that does it through official distributors. In any case, I’m feeling more secure buying from official distributors, I had enough problems with my Ibasso to be certain that a little premium over the cheapest price is worth it not to be stuck with 2k$ dap that isn’t working.
Yeah I'd definitely buy something worth $2,000 at an official distributor instead of saving a couple bucks, but for something cheap like a dac I'll save money lol

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #634 of 2,224
I got mine through MusicTeck, not because of warranty/dealer reasons though, I'm just impatient and wanted to hear it now. If I was willing to wait 2-4 weeks for delivery I'd probably go on a limb and buy from there, but the tech intrigued me and couldn't wait, no regrets paying a little extra to have it sooner.

Jun 4, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #635 of 2,224
I’m glad we all enjoy this great piece of audio tech!
It truly is blissful
Just listened to RU7 4.4>>KZ ZS10 Pro X and after 1hr, this synergy just blew my mind. Perhaps the most immersive listening experience I have had yet with IEMs. Didn't want to stop listening and indeed completely drained my LG V40 before being forced to end my listening session. What an amazing dongle - well worth losing 3-4 hours of sleep last night for that listening experience. Truly addictive :)

Jun 4, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #636 of 2,224
Reporting:
Yes I did, past 4-5 hours only PC, on exclusive mode. Sc from iPhone are more convenient.

So, mest Mk2 with this wonder was extremely good, mesmerizing.

But after I switched to Anole V14, well, I got used to a little “flat” presentation of mest so to say.
on anole it’s a total 3d - depth is incredible, I can’t stop thinking how good it is. All music becomes richer, more dimensional, more lifelike.

In short- it’s an extremely organic, natural, but even more, it’s visceral and complex. Even old songs from 70s - 80s sound like I’ve never heard them. Really reminiscent of only one close experience- multi bit chips based dacs, more precisely 1704k graded sound. It’s very organic, less flawless, less liquid, but very close to, like 75-80%.

I wonder how it will compare to HM1000 gold?

More to follow, stay tuned!
Hey a little off topic. Have you tried the mest mk2s with RS6 ?.

I went from ru6-> rs2->rs6 in the spam of last two weeks and I’m really enjoying it. Also thinking of picking this one up later if this offers a significantly different/better presentation.

Also is the Eros S a big upgrade over the stock cable ?

Oh and I agree with people here praising the ru6 it’s a gem of a dongle at its size and price.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #637 of 2,224
Hey a little off topic. Have you tried the mest mk2s with RS6 ?.

I went from ru6-> rs2->rs6 in the spam of last two weeks and I’m really enjoying it. Also thinking of picking this one up later if this offers a significantly different/better presentation.

Also is the Eros S a big upgrade over the stock cable ?

Oh and I agree with people here praising the ru6 it’s a gem of a dongle at its size and price.
Now I don't remember in which review on the Rs6, if on Headfonics or on Headfonia it made you understand without saying that the RU6 was better... so I'd stay on the RU6, just in case buying a good usb cable to increase its performance like the Lindy Black Line that costs very little. As for the EA Signature cables, if for the Mest MkII, I followed the advice of Twister6 and I took the Ares S 8W all copper which best suits the Mest.

Jun 4, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #642 of 2,224
Jun 4, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #643 of 2,224
I still would prefer official distributor in case of any issue. It saves a ton of money

Agreed. And if for some reason you still want to buy it from AE, Cayin has their official store in there; just checked, it is still $289 for RU7.

Jun 4, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #644 of 2,224
Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #645 of 2,224
Considering SQ and power of new generation of DACs, DAPs are pointless and overpriced piece of equipment. Better to spend money on proper desktop setup than DAP in my humble opinion.

I have to agree with you, particularly with TOTL DAP’s that they are very overpriced. I have set my ceiling for purchasing a TOTL DAP and will not go a penny above that ceiling. In most instances more gain is made in scaling up to better headphones/ IEMs vs paying more for overpriced TOTL DAPs.

However we differ in that I don’t believe DAPs are pointless. They do strike the right balance between portability and sound quality; the cost just needs to come in line.

Overpriced dongles imo are just as financially reckless as overpriced DAPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back