Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
May 27, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #376 of 2,148
This is all based on my personal biased opinion, please don’t consider it as a reference.
On the side note I’ve spent last 2 hrs listening to RU7, and for me it’s a new best personal listening experience on-the-go. It really juices out a head above anything ultra portable.
Later on I will try Mest Mk2 with ru7

My RU7 is arriving on Wednesday and will also be paired with MEST MK2.

I will also pair it with Etymotic ER4SR to hear the RU7’s true sound signature.

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #377 of 2,148
May 27, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #378 of 2,148
With the price of the W4 you get the RU6 and RU7.
Importantly, RU7 is the first dongle in my memory where the case is included. for the same W4 case costs about 30$
the first review about RU7 is already very pleasing, really for this price we will get not only a unique dongle, but also the best, hmm... time will put everything in its place.

May 27, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #379 of 2,148
Is it a snake oil flask ?
Short answer is No.
Nakamura is electrical equipment company that made a great variety of electrical equipment for domestic market in Japan. So they're not a snake oil Chinese entity with no prior history of making anything except for couple snake oil devices

May 27, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #380 of 2,148
Short answer is No.
Nakamura is electrical equipment company that made a great variety of electrical equipment for domestic market in Japan. So they're not a snake oil Chinese entity with no prior history of making anything except for couple snake oil devices
I was just kidding. I'm a sound quality obsessed perfectionist myself.

Right now I'm listening to Dolby Atmos music through my jitterbug then upscaled to 24bit 192khz and it is glorious !

May 27, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #381 of 2,148
My RU7 is arriving on Wednesday and will also be paired with MEST MK2.

I will also pair it with Etymotic ER4SR to hear the RU7’s true sound signature.
I also have ety 4sr, will let you know.
It’s great that I’ll have whole Memorial Day weekend for testing.
Thanks to Andrew from Musicteck, and me living in NYC.

May 27, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #382 of 2,148
I was just kidding. I'm a sound quality obsessed perfectionist myself.

Right now I'm listening to Dolby Atmos music through my jitterbug then upscaled to 24bit 192khz and it is glorious !
Try the Jutterbug FMJ (that’s what I’m about to do now on my laptop)
I’ve heard the audible difference with OG jitterbug. Really impressive!

May 27, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #383 of 2,148
I have a mobile phone dedicated to dongles, a V50 so I don't think there are many who go around with an AK3000, iBasso DX320, Cayin N7 or an L&P in a jeans pocket to connect a thousand thousand euro IEM on a tram or on the beach. A dap of that value is perhaps less portable than a 150 euro powerphone with a small dongle. There is no sim card on my V50, it is almost always in airplane mode, there are no applications other than Uapp and Hiby music, a 512gb microsd and that's it. It's pretty much a multisignature dap (Questyle, iBasso, L&P, Cayin) depending on which dongle I connect. With magnet on the back and Shanling L3 cable. :wink:

I did the same with my RU6, an old android phone, an Alo CV5 tube amp, and some 3M dual-lock. Also in airplane mode and do local playback via Hiby Music app but I'm using a Shanling L2 cable :smile:. Already had too many daps and couldn't justify more when great dongles like Cayin's exist.

I've been R2R only the past few years but thinking of trying the RU7 since it's still discrete but truly balanced and has line-out.

May 27, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #384 of 2,148
Try the Jutterbug FMJ (that’s what I’m about to do now on my laptop)
I’ve heard the audible difference with OG jitterbug. Really impressive!
That's the one I use. It makes all my DACs more detailed. Dolby Atmos with Hi RES resolution and that clarity is really impressive !

May 27, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #385 of 2,148
With Mest Mk2 sound is more multidimensional, very rounded notes. If one asks me - it sounds more Multibit than some old daps.
This track is ideal:
IMG_3084.png

Attachments

• IMG_3082.jpeg
    IMG_3082.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #386 of 2,148
I have a mobile phone dedicated to dongles, a V50 so I don't think there are many who go around with an AK3000, iBasso DX320, Cayin N7 or an L&P in a jeans pocket to connect a thousand thousand euro IEM on a tram or on the beach. A dap of that value is perhaps less portable than a 150 euro powerphone with a small dongle. There is no sim card on my V50, it is almost always in airplane mode, there are no applications other than Uapp and Hiby music, a 512gb microsd and that's it. It's pretty much a multisignature dap (Questyle, iBasso, L&P, Cayin) depending on which dongle I connect. With magnet on the back and Shanling L3 cable. :wink:
My phone is 1200€ and the most expensive dongle I have ever attached to it so far is the RU6, soon to be surpassed by the RU7.

No need to worry, normies don't know how much our toys cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back