Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
May 27, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #346 of 2,224
We have announced the official date of available on 18th May, and that will be 29th May 2021.

From what we can observe, Cayin honor this announcement. It just so happened that when we coordinate the worldwide launch date, we need to send the product to our international dealers up-front. We don't OWN the logistic system, we have suffered from chaotic logistic delays for 3 years, now when the system falls back to the regular schedule and some dealers received their delivery the weekend before the official launch date, the manufacturer should be ashamed because of this? Are you serious?
I didn't know it, was so complicated... sorry.

May 27, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #347 of 2,224
Just bought in Cayin store in Aliexpress... hope all is well...
Has anyone already arrived? First impressions?
I also made an order. I'm looking forward to the package. if they send it quickly, it will take 14-20 days to get there, of course it will take a long time(((
it's a pity that there is no express delivery from China to Russia within 5 days, I know it's possible, but not on Aliexpress. only this will cost an average of 60$. it's worth waiting and getting it for free))) but sometimes I'm willing to pay for speed.

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #348 of 2,224
One of those dongles is priced for comparison with DAP’s.

The true engineering feat is an innovative design that hits a sensible price point.
By now many of these dongles are approaching the performance of daps ... and obviously being derived from top-level daps, they can easily perform at the level or even above medium-level daps. Not having many real dap problems like ... battery, screen, operating system, processor and all the rest, loss of value over time, compatibility ... etc ... etc ... makes these dongles very attractive . Have a W4 with audio signature similar to a L&P dap or have a RU6 with audio signature similar to an N6II-R01 or a RU7 with audio signature similar to an N7 with differences ranging sometimes from 5% to 10%, but also 20% (exaggerating) and paying them 10 times less than the dap they are inspired by I think it's a great deal. The only real difference could be the power of the amps they are equipped with, but as most of the top IEMs (Trailli-Jewel-EE Odin) are efficient today, already having the 400mw of the W4 or RU7 is much more that enough. In one month I bought an iBaso DC04PRO, a Questyle M15, a Cayin RU6 and a Cayin RU7 for 880 euros... how much would it cost me to buy an iBasso DX300, a Questyle QP2R, a Cayin N6II-R01 and a Cayin N7?
I think it's easy to understand why these dongles are depopulating the market, at least for me it's quite obvious... the quality, the simplicity and of course the price.

May 27, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #349 of 2,224
By now many of these dongles are approaching the performance of daps ... and obviously being derived from top-level daps, they can easily perform at the level or even above medium-level daps. Not having many real dap problems like ... battery, screen, operating system, processor and all the rest, loss of value over time, compatibility ... etc ... etc ... makes these dongles very attractive . Have a W4 with audio signature similar to a L&P dap or have a RU6 with audio signature similar to an N6II-R01 or a RU7 with audio signature similar to an N7 with differences ranging sometimes from 5% to 10%, but also 20% (exaggerating) and paying them 10 times less than the dap they are inspired by I think it's a great deal. The only real difference could be the power of the amps they are equipped with, but as most of the top IEMs (Trailli-Jewel-EE Odin) are efficient today, already having the 400mw of the W4 or RU7 is much more that enough. In one month I bought an iBaso DC04PRO, a Questyle M15, a Cayin RU6 and a Cayin RU7 for 880 euros... how much would it cost me to buy an iBasso DX300, a Questyle QP2R, a Cayin N6II-R01 and a Cayin N7?
I think it's easy to understand why these dongles are depopulating the market, at least for me it's quite obvious... the quality, the simplicity and of course the price.
If you are willing to tether your phone to a wired dongle, I can see how dongles make more sense than DAPs for most people. I have or have had USB dongles, BT dongles, and DAPs. I do find it a little inconvenient to have the dongle attached to my phone as putting the phone in and pulling the phone out of my pocket has a chance of disconnecting the dongle. Also simply using my phone to look at messages, emails, and the web is a little less convenient with an attached dongle.

But, I will stress that I thoroughly enjoy USB dongles (current rotation includes W2, S1, and UA5) as well in the right circumstances.

May 27, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #350 of 2,224
May 27, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #351 of 2,224
I received the RU7, very impressed!
With Anole V14 - it’s nothing I’ve heard them like before - different sense of space, details are clear, but no vivid and all around you, when listening.pics attached

Attachments

• IMG_3004.jpeg
    IMG_3004.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3007.jpeg
    IMG_3007.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3008.jpeg
    IMG_3008.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3010.jpeg
    IMG_3010.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3011.jpeg
    IMG_3011.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
May 27, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #352 of 2,224
Short impressions:
In comparison with RU6, GoBar Gold, - this one is better. It is organic, black background, it’s not sparkly, has good depth and very good bass and mids, need to test with pos 3,4 on Anole turned on.
Ru6 was congested - never heard anything good in it, sold happily. Gold bar is too heavy. Only desktop use
And definitely it’s 10 steps above Qudelix 5k.

Attachments

• IMG_3054.jpeg
    IMG_3054.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3052.jpeg
    IMG_3052.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
May 27, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #353 of 2,224
If you are willing to tether your phone to a wired dongle, I can see how dongles make more sense than DAPs for most people. I have or have had USB dongles, BT dongles, and DAPs. I do find it a little inconvenient to have the dongle attached to my phone as putting the phone in and pulling the phone out of my pocket has a chance of disconnecting the dongle. Also simply using my phone to look at messages, emails, and the web is a little less convenient with an attached dongle.

But, I will stress that I thoroughly enjoy USB dongles (current rotation includes W2, S1, and UA5) as well in the right circumstances.
I have a mobile phone dedicated to dongles, a V50 so I don't think there are many who go around with an AK3000, iBasso DX320, Cayin N7 or an L&P in a jeans pocket to connect a thousand thousand euro IEM on a tram or on the beach. A dap of that value is perhaps less portable than a 150 euro powerphone with a small dongle. There is no sim card on my V50, it is almost always in airplane mode, there are no applications other than Uapp and Hiby music, a 512gb microsd and that's it. It's pretty much a multisignature dap (Questyle, iBasso, L&P, Cayin) depending on which dongle I connect. With magnet on the back and Shanling L3 cable. :wink:

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #354 of 2,224

Wish more of them packed BT, but then again battery will affect unit size, small price to pay IMHO for wire free convenience, when LDAC sounds just as good as USB connection.

May 27, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #355 of 2,224
What surprised me about RU7 is it’s ability to reproduce metal :
Sons of Winter and Starts, Beyond the Dark Sun- Wintersun,
I’ve never heard it so well separated - it sounds like each instrument incl vocals is independently played but in a better more pronounced manner and technically is extremely impressive. Never heard anything like it, and N7 sounded differently when I tried it on Canjam NYC this year.

May 27, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #356 of 2,224
May 27, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #357 of 2,224
With the price of the W4 you get the RU6 and RU7.

May 27, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #359 of 2,224

Users who are viewing this thread

Back