Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Sep 23, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #2,806 of 3,665
Hi, has anyone ever experienced playback stutters? I've been experiencing stutters a lot lately with the RU6 connected to my PC playing music from MusicBee with WASAPI exclusive mode, sometimes it gets annoying as it happens 2-3 times over the span of 10 seconds, stutters and pauses for a whole second and resumes. No volume adjustments were made when these stutters happen.
Any help?

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #2,807 of 3,665
Music only stutters for me if I am listening at very high volumes. It is more like clipping. Otherwise, no stutters for me. Hope you find a solution though. It is irritating.

Perhaps you could try on a phone to see if you get the same stutters? If not then perhaps it is an issue with the PC?

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #2,808 of 3,665
I have been listening to the Longyao Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600Ω Limited Edition>RU6 (NOS High gain Vol 60)>PC (Win 11)>Roon. Just sublime! The analogue nature of the RU6 really brings to life the Yinman 600. The music is so lifelike and engaging. The star of the show is the bass of course. So textured and deep. Can't imagine this is sound coming from an earbud! I am in love!

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #2,809 of 3,665
It's crazy how well this tiny dongle holds its own against DAPs much more expensive than it. The fact that the Acoustune Sho is a fantastic IEM helps too ^ ^

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #2,811 of 3,665
Sounds like it could be a clock issue where the clock info from the RU6's DAC doesn't match the info coming from the computer. I only use my RU6 with my Android so I'm not sure what options you have, but if you've got a way to disable the clock info that may help.

It could also just be a simple buffer issue. If the buffer isn't big enough it will skip when the buffer runs out. Increase the buffer size and it may eliminate the problem as well.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #2,812 of 3,665
I have been listening to the Longyao Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600Ω Limited Edition>RU6 (NOS High gain Vol 60)>PC (Win 11)>Roon. Just sublime! The analogue nature of the RU6 really brings to life the Yinman 600. The music is so lifelike and engaging. The star of the show is the bass of course. So textured and deep. Can't imagine this is sound coming from an earbud! I am in love!

Don't you find the RU6 to be a little under powered for the Yinman 600s? I have run my 600s on it a few times and they get loud enough and sound pretty good, but their performance, especially in terms of soundstage, control, and micro details, increased for me when using amplification capable of supplying more current for the very insensitive drivers used in the 600s.

They fact that I have to use such heavy duty equipment to get the best out of them, is one of the few criticisms I have of the Yinman 600s. Clearly they're capable of sounding pretty good on the RU6 so I'm not disagreeing. I'm just curious if you found the same increase in performance with a beefier amp/combo/source.

Sep 24, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #2,813 of 3,665
Don't you find the RU6 to be a little under powered for the Yinman 600s? I have run my 600s on it a few times and they get loud enough and sound pretty good, but their performance, especially in terms of soundstage, control, and micro details, increased for me when using amplification capable of supplying more current for the very insensitive drivers used in the 600s.

They fact that I have to use such heavy duty equipment to get the best out of them, is one of the few criticisms I have of the Yinman 600s. Clearly they're capable of sounding pretty good on the RU6 so I'm not disagreeing. I'm just curious if you found the same increase in performance with a beefier amp/combo/source.
I am on high gain and volume at 55 and I do find the soundstage wide enough for me to enjoy jazz or some electronic. The RU6 renders mids so sweetly for me. However, switching over to my desktop rig obviously increases the stage size and this lets me enjoy classical symphonies much better.

Sep 24, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #2,816 of 3,665
Sep 24, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #2,817 of 3,665
Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #2,820 of 3,665
I am getting some noise with my LCD-X (2021) after 65 volume, I usally listen in the 65-70 range, high gain, OS mode, it sound like its clipping, is it normal?
PC or cellphone? If iPhone you are a victim of IOS limitation in output from lightning port

Users who are viewing this thread

Back