Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Jul 3, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #2,641 of 3,685
or would pairing it with my RU6 balance things out in the higher frequencies.
RU6 smoothes out things, but it won't fix a bright earphone.

Jul 3, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #2,642 of 3,685
RU6 smoothes out things, but it won't fix a bright earphone.
I guess, a better question would be are these IEMs (Oracle/Excalibur) so bright that even RU6 won't help? I have asked this in the ThieAudio thread, it should help me decide on my next upgrade.

If there are any owners of above IEMs or if you have heard them with RU6 just PM me about your thoughts on this pairing. It'll really help me save a lot of time and money.

Jul 4, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #2,643 of 3,685
I guess, a better question would be are these IEMs (Oracle/Excalibur) so bright that even RU6 won't help? I have asked this in the ThieAudio thread, it should help me decide on my next upgrade.

If there are any owners of above IEMs or if you have heard them with RU6 just PM me about your thoughts on this pairing. It'll really help me save a lot of time and money.
I have the RU6 and I had the Oracle, although they did not coincide in time, I'm sorry. It is somewhat difficult to recommend IEMs, because we each have our own tastes, but from what I see we have similar trajectories. I had the Blessing 2 Dusk, and moved on to the Oracle. I no longer have either of them. I also considered B2D somewhat garish. The Oracle didn't convince me of its tuning, and as soon as I tried the Penon Volt, I sold it. I do not regret. Today, in the approximate price range of the Oracle, there is the Yanyin Moonlight, and I couldn't think of any other to recommend. For me it is perfect. It's not shrill with any source, they have the best treble I've ever heard on a tribrid with EST. Pairs well with the RU6 especially with Jazz, Acoustic and Rock music. The genres where the extra warmth of the RU6 stands out.

EDIT: Apart from allowing me that recommendation... other ways to tone down the treble peaks that you don't like are: EQ (the most efficient, cheapest and that gives you more control) or tips or cable rolling.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #2,645 of 3,685
Hi all

I am interested in ru6. Anyone have any experience connecting it to amplifier for higher power? I want to drive hd6xx. Any amp recommendation that work well with ru6?
I often use the RU6 in my desktop set-up, with a tube preamp and a class A amp. It works flawlessly with the RU6 volume set to 100.

Jul 4, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #2,646 of 3,685
I have the RU6 and I had the Oracle, although they did not coincide in time, I'm sorry. It is somewhat difficult to recommend IEMs, because we each have our own tastes, but from what I see we have similar trajectories. I had the Blessing 2 Dusk, and moved on to the Oracle. I no longer have either of them. I also considered B2D somewhat garish. The Oracle didn't convince me of its tuning, and as soon as I tried the Penon Volt, I sold it. I do not regret. Today, in the approximate price range of the Oracle, there is the Yanyin Moonlight, and I couldn't think of any other to recommend. For me it is perfect. It's not shrill with any source, they have the best treble I've ever heard on a tribrid with EST. Pairs well with the RU6 especially with Jazz, Acoustic and Rock music. The genres where the extra warmth of the RU6 stands out.

EDIT: Apart from allowing me that recommendation... other ways to tone down the treble peaks that you don't like are: EQ (the most efficient, cheapest and that gives you more control) or tips or cable rolling.
When I was looking for IEMs I did come across the Yanyin Moonlight but the lack of reviews and unavailability at local stores made me dismiss it. The Volt though, it's the first time I heard about it and after reading some reviews, they seem exactly what I'm looking for.

They too are not available locally and I have to import them but I'm really tempted. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Jul 4, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #2,647 of 3,685
When I was looking for IEMs I did come across the Yanyin Moonlight but the lack of reviews and unavailability at local stores made me dismiss it. The Volt though, it's the first time I heard about it and after reading some reviews, they seem exactly what I'm looking for.

They too are not available locally and I have to import them but I'm really tempted. Thanks for the great suggestion.
I have no chance to try them in local stores and I have to trust the reviews. I tend to prefer end-user opinions and reviews from forums like this one. Trying it out for yourself is always best, if you can. The Yanyin Moonlight is relatively recent. There's an excellent review here, which also compares them to the Volt. I couldn't resist... and I have both :sweat_smile::money_with_wings:

Jul 4, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #2,649 of 3,685
Can ru6 drive hifiman edition xs?
If you use your RU6 with a laptop, it drives the XS well. However, when I use it with my iPhone, I get clippings due to power limitation in iPhone I guess

Jul 5, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #2,651 of 3,685
RU6 with Grado SR325is Balanced

I cut the cables coming out of the Grado cups just above the Y junction, and added 3.5mm Mono Sockets.
Using a 4.4mm "silver" cable from Meze, I am really enjoying the RU6/SR325is combo. Volume around 30db.

Very realistic sound stage. Good bass response (with new flat pads).

Vocals are the most enjoyable of my HP collection. Lizz Wright fans: https://tidal.com/browse/album/232582153

Attachments

• RU6-SR325is DSCF3273.jpg
    RU6-SR325is DSCF3273.jpg
    855.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #2,653 of 3,685
Just got my ru6. Sound very fatiguing. How long usually need to burn in?
My experience was that at 50 hrs, the sound matured and has not changed since.

What headphones/earphones are you using?

Jul 6, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #2,655 of 3,685
Just got my ru6. Sound very fatiguing. How long usually need to burn in?
What is your source to RU6? mobile phone or PC? Can you set USB bit-perfect USB Audio (or exclusive USB Audio) path for RU6? What is the volume value of your mobile phone/PC and RU6 when you pair your RU6 with Hifiman edition xs and Fiio FH7 respectively?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back