Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
May 24, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #2,551 of 3,665
I have bought an Unique melody Mest mk2 came with a 4.4 cable.
Anyone tried mest 2 with Ru6 and iphone 13 pro max? No problem?
Im between cayin ru6 and ua5 shangling, don't know what fits best
Good luck my brother, I’m having the same problem trying to decide which of the two to keep, throw the ifi go bar in the mix.

May 24, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #2,553 of 3,665
Ua5 has better battery life(less drain on your phone) but IMHO the ru6 it's smoother more natural sound
Plus you can choose between NOS or OS to further fine tune the sound!

May 25, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #2,556 of 3,665
I think i will try the RU6, but a little worried if my iphone will have the power supply to run mest mk2 higher volume without clipping because of low power... i will get the cayin lightning cable to usb, hope that could run my iem without problems
If it helps, I tried Mest MKII with my RU6 connected to an iPhone SE 2020 and did not notice any issues. Both the MKII & iPhone were borrowed from a friend and I only tried this setup for ~10 mins when I met with him.

May 29, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #2,557 of 3,665
Hi Guys.

Just tried the subject with PC (both win10 and win11 tried, different laptops) and experienced interrupts approximately once in a minute in random periods. A song interrupts for a second and then play continues. Do you know what's going on and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

May 29, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #2,558 of 3,665
I have bought an Unique melody Mest mk2 came with a 4.4 cable.
Anyone tried mest 2 with Ru6 and iphone 13 pro max? No problem?
Im between cayin ru6 and ua5 shangling, don't know what fits best

Unique melody Mest Mk2 is sensitive do cayin ru6? Or no hiss at all?

I think i will try the RU6, but a little worried if my iphone will have the power supply to run mest mk2 higher volume without clipping because of low power... i will get the cayin lightning cable to usb, hope that could run my iem without problems

There are zero issues with the combo. No hiss at all, no power issues (I also use it with way harder to drive HD800S).

May 30, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #2,560 of 3,665
I have no problems with this combo (MEST MK II & RU-6). In fact it sounds great. Smooth and musical.

May 30, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #2,561 of 3,665
Hi. Well guys I'm not yet ordered the RU6, but I would like to connect both DAC+AMP (desktop ones) to a Bluetooth functionality.
So I could hear Bluetooth from PC. Any suggetstion?
Not really relevant to this thread but one option is here.

Jun 1, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #2,562 of 3,665
I don't think it has been discussed on this thread but RU6 is an excellent MQA DAC when used with an app that does the first unfolding like UAPP on mobile or Audirvana on PC.

Only a very small percentage of Tidal streaming catalog goes above 48khz anyway, which in MQA translates to 96khz, confirmed by RU6 screen. When listening with my phone in my pocket, I'm often able to notice the increase in quality when a MQA file begins following a CD quality FLAC.
Many people hate this format but what I have just described is what I hear

Jun 2, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #2,563 of 3,665
Just ordered an RU6 from advancedmp3players (15% off this weekend). Have done some research and am looking forward to listening to this. I have an Ovidius B1 which I love (apart from the hissing and no hardware volume control). Sold Mojo 1 as it's too warm for me. I'll be posting a review in a couple of months once I have settled into the RU6's sound.

Jun 4, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #2,564 of 3,665
Just picked up an RU6 and a Blessing 2 for a portable rig. I don’t travel as much for work now so it will probably be mainly used around the house. So far this is a nice combo and didn’t break the bank. Sounds better than expected given it hasn’t been completely burned in yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back