Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Jan 19, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #1,697 of 3,676
The Solaris are simply a complete other Level and type of sound. The technicalities on the Dianas are far behind the Solaris. Diana is dark, smooth and non fatiguing. They are super comfortable and build quality is really good. The cable on the Dianas is the best stock cable that I have experienced.

Jan 20, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #1,698 of 3,676
Hello,

PCIe docking DAC board for computer? Never appear in any internal discussion. I can safely say this is not going to happen. If any computer manufacturing brand are interested in our solution and want to discuss OEM opportunities, our doors are opened. Producing a PCIe board might be very similar to what we do right now, but we don't have the facilities to test thousands of PCIe boards after a production batch, let alone provide decent after sales support to our users. Our sales networks are appliance based retailers, we need to develop a new sales network to sell and support the new product. This type of solution probably works better for brands like Creative or RME wjem they have approprite supporting system in place already.

R01 looks like a really nice product to buy, however, it is hard/limited to use. If it could be piggybacked to a number of devices in different classes (PCIe board, stationary HiRes player, Stationary network player, AV-receiver [probably with several slots], desktop USB-DAC, etc.) - that would be a completely different story. For me at least.

Jan 20, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #1,699 of 3,676
How to make it work on windows 7?
Of course it's connected, but when i install drivers it shows:
82C8318C-EB85-4839-AF68-1311F2B18057.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #1,700 of 3,676
@Andykong I've been struggling since purchase with intermittent sound drop outs, lasting about a second, while connected to my android phone playing through Qobuz. This happens probably every sound once or twice. The USB is connected securely at both ends and there device itself doesn't disconnect from the phone (which would return a message to notify me if it did).

It only seems to happen on high gain above about 60 on the volume indicator. I vaguely remember this being raised by previous members of this thread...

Was there ever a resolution found to this issue?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #1,701 of 3,676
@Andykong I've been struggling since purchase with intermittent sound drop outs, lasting about a second, while connected to my android phone playing through Qobuz. This happens probably every sound once or twice. The USB is connected securely at both ends and there device itself doesn't disconnect from the phone (which would return a message to notify me if it did).

It only seems to happen on high gain above about 60 on the volume indicator. I vaguely remember this being raised by previous members of this thread...

Was there ever a resolution found to this issue?

What headphone are you using with RU6? If it only happen at high gain Volume 60, can you test your connection again by turning it down to 50 and tell us what happened?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 20, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #1,702 of 3,676

Looks like your windows cannot detect the RU6 correctly. When you insert the RU6 to your PC, your window OS should be able to detect the hardware even without the USB Audio Driver. Do you hear a beep sound or any alert in the Window notification center?

How do you connect RU6 to your computer? With regular A to C cable? The cable is OTG compatible?

Probably not related but please check if the Window driver signature enforcement has been disabled.

Last edited:

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #1,703 of 3,676
Hello,

R01 looks like a really nice product to buy, however, it is hard/limited to use. If it could be piggybacked to a number of devices in different classes (PCIe board, stationary HiRes player, Stationary network player, AV-receiver [probably with several slots], desktop USB-DAC, etc.) - that would be a completely different story. For me at least.

This is RU6 thread, and RU6 is not designed to work with any of the application in your list. Sorry.

Jan 20, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #1,704 of 3,676
82C8318C-EB85-4839-AF68-1311F2B18057.jpeg

Are you running Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

Had the same issue trying to install the RU6 driver on an old PC of mine but chalked it up to the 32-bit Win7 on that machine. Haven't tried it on Win7 64 but no issues on multiple Win10 64 driver installs for the RU6.

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #1,706 of 3,676
I’ve been out of the loop for a couple of weeks because I had to send my Laylas back to get reshelled. The fitment was awful and I had impressions done with a different audiologist. Now I’m having sound woes. I just contacted JH about this and I’m awaiting a reply. The fitment is amazing, now it sounds like there’s a short in one of them as it’s distorting. This does NOT involve the Cayin. I’m just… perturbed right now.

But I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who was experiencing cut out issues. I just got these in today. Sigh….

I’ll go thumb through the 20 pages I missed. 😊

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #1,707 of 3,676
Not exactly, he was using Apple camear adapter at that time. He returned the adapter but later he bought the adapter again becuse he test the setup in Apple store and everything works fine when he used a apple factory charging cord. Apparantly the Apple adapter didn't like his Nelken charging cord and causing the problem, its the famous protection mechanism in Apple ecosystem.
You nailed it! The Belkin charger was giving me fits. I was fine with the Apple charger with the apple camera adaptor… 😊

Jan 21, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #1,709 of 3,676
I really have to praise the RU6 sound quality once more.

Yesterday, I forgot my RU6 near my listening corner and went to work without it. My total commuting time in one day is quite long, so I have more than one hour of listening time

All I had instead in my bag was my Hilidac Audirect Atom 2 and my Hiby FC3

I started listening some MQA music with the Atom 2 but quickly find the sound hollow with to much echo and smear. I used to like this DAC wide soundstage but it was really not enjoyable this time.

Then, I switched to the FC3 and it was a bit better, as it is a much faster and more precise DAC. But I immediately noticed the timbre was off compared to the RU6. The sound was harsh and sibilance was quite irritating. I couldn't believe this was the same DAC and spent the majority of last summer listening and praising.

I hope this is only the beginning of R2R dongle DACs because I think I'm done with chip based DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back