Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Oct 29, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #77 of 3,679
Damn, that looks so pretty! Would there be more colours on the leather sleeve? That green looks nice too though.

Oct 29, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #78 of 3,679
Actually doesn't look that huge at all. Looks to be close to btr5 size. Not bad for discreet R-2R dac tech. I had a listen to hifi man's R2R2000 red and it blew me away. But the interface and battery and $$ were no no's

But if I can experience that sound again for a fraction of that price and use my phone as a transport then that's very exciting! Besides I'm using dongle now- W2. I will buy one for sure.

Oct 29, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #79 of 3,679
Actually doesn't look that huge at all. Looks to be close to btr5 size. Not bad for discreet R-2R dac tech. I had a listen to hifi man's R2R2000 red and it blew me away. But the interface and battery and $$ were no no's

But if I can experience that sound again for a fraction of that price and use my phone as a transport then that's very exciting! Besides I'm using dongle now- W2. I will buy one for sure.
We all buy one for sure 😉.

Oct 29, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #80 of 3,679
We all buy one for sure 😉.

Hell yes! 😀 I like how cayin thinks. N6ii was a very smart move at the time. N3 pro was also brilliant with the tube+ digital output, and now this 👏 they're always doing something really different than the competition.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #82 of 3,679
This looks very interesting.

I'd like to see Play/Pause/Next Track functionality.

Also, the high precision volume control, is this a digitally controlled stepped attenuator?

Any idea on output impedance and noise floor?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #86 of 3,679
Nov 8, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #89 of 3,679
Very interested on this and comparing with RS6 (of course the level would be different, but how far..) :ksc75smile:
This is the comparison I'm looking forward to as well. I currently use a HiBy R3 Pro with a L&P W2 and have compared it to things like Cayin N6II (A02), PAW 6K, A&K KANN Alpha and the difference is very close to splitting hairs in terms of SQ

I owned a Hifiman HM1000 Red and while it did sound better, I had some QC issues (USB was recognized only half of the time and the battery suddenly died one day after I left it charging overnight)

Therefore, I'm currently only interested in HiBy RS6 and Cayin RU6

Nov 8, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #90 of 3,679
This is the comparison I'm looking forward to as well. I currently use a HiBy R3 Pro with a L&P W2 and have compared it to things like Cayin N6II (A02), PAW 6K, A&K KANN Alpha and the difference is very close to splitting hairs in terms of SQ

I owned a Hifiman HM1000 Red and while it did sound better, I had some QC issues (USB was recognized only half of the time and the battery suddenly died one day after I left it charging overnight)

Therefore, I'm currently only interested in HiBy RS6 and Cayin RU6

Same here can't wait, I agree about the w2 too. I was unimpressed with the paw 6000 after a while- nice dap but maybe too neutral for me and not worth the price tag imo. And the kann is awesome but heavy and bulky and wifi is worse than sr25?

Still like all in one solution but it's nice to use a powerful android phone as your transport for something like W2 and hopefully shortly RU6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back