Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
May 3, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #3,361 of 5,571
My N8ii (from the very first MusicTeck batch) had both screen protectors already (perfectly) pre-applied.
I just had to remove the two protective sheets with the tab numbered "2".
Mine from the first batch had the rear screen protector attached and front inside the box for me to attach🤷🏼‍♂️.

May 3, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #3,362 of 5,571
Mine from the first batch had the rear screen protector attached and front inside the box for me to attach🤷🏼‍♂️.
Same case with me. But I never applied the front, I just don’t have the skills for it 😂

May 3, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #3,363 of 5,571
My N8ii (from the very first MusicTeck batch) had both screen protectors already (perfectly) pre-applied.
I just had to remove the two protective sheets with the tab numbered "2".
Same case with me. But I never applied the front, I just don’t have the skills for it 😂
See ? That is why we need some real answer.....did some one doze off from assembly line or what. In case they did, we should have a couple of them for “spare” as we are horrible at applying it :frowning2:

May 3, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #3,367 of 5,571
Steve strikes again! Rooted N8ii is now with HIBY system wide MSEB
101CAA5D-2744-46A0-9E7B-23176DE88638.jpeg

May 3, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #3,369 of 5,571
Gonna get one of the Hydrogel cut to size when my N8II arrives
Back & front
Problem solved

I never put a screen protector , not even my Note 8 ever had a protector. No issues , screens clear and vivid.

May 3, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #3,371 of 5,571
Well one of my best friends is Murphy so ... 🤔
Bet he is cool and not worry all day how his dap looks. Seems many here just looking to fix things protect things. No case , no screen protector and great music.

May 3, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #3,373 of 5,571
I never put a screen protector , not even my Note 8 ever had a protector. No issues , screens clear and vivid.
Same. Never. Looks terrible, no exceptions.

May 3, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #3,375 of 5,571
Sorry, thought you were joking given your prior posts telling people they were charging it wrong.
I totally agree, how can some people have it applied out of the box and others don't?

I had a single screen protector in the box and totally failed at fitting it- which got removed so I can check if there wasn't one a preapplied set that I had, somehow, missed.

@Andykong @CayinSupport I would appreciate your input here. Let's not forget we are talking about a device being sold for £2800 here..

From my own purchase (late April 2022) of the N8ii, I had the following:
- Out of the box, I had a black sticker with the normal Cayin Wording (N8ii, etc) on it. Directly behind this was a second layer which was a plastic "screen protector". However this was not clear plastic and had some sort of blurry tinge to it. It was unusable so I removed both.
- Inside the box was an envelope type smaller box with the instruction manual and a glass screen protector. I applied this one instead and it works fine.
- On the back side of the N8ii, a clear plastic protector was preapplied.

As such, I do not think Cayin was misleading anyone with the wording on the black sticker but rather it may be a QC issue you experienced and the "blurry" screen protector was not applied behind the black one. I cannot say exactly as I was not there to see your own product. I do however believe that the glass screen protector inside the box is the one that should be used and if your one needs replacement, hopefully Cayin can help you out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back