Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Apr 30, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #3,318 of 5,571
@Whitigir Just read your review. Awesome job, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
My pleasure ! I sincerely do hope more people will give the N8ii a spin. It is a wonderful little DAP.

I may also be lucky, but when I play music, the N8ii would gradually turning on but there were none of them coming on before another. Both L and R do actually integrating very nicely and balances in both SS or tubes

Also in another report, I am using Neutron player, rooted my N8ii, and forcing all larger and most powerful cores to dedicate to music alone, and the lower 4 cores for other applications. The performances are even further improved. Imagings are Insane, things just pop out of the darkness.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #3,319 of 5,571
Also in another report, I am using Neutron player, rooted my N8ii, and forcing all larger and most powerful cores to dedicate to music alone, and the lower 4 cores for other applications. The performances are even further improved. Imagings are Insane, things just pop out of the darkness.
I'm macOS only for like 20 years but I'll spin up an old Win VM, if the USB will comply with it. There's probably a unix rooter somewhere, maybe I hope?
I need to root my AR-M2 also and give it some new legs.

Apr 30, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #3,320 of 5,571
And people still don’t believe there are differences between Hiby and Cayin app LOL!! I remember I observed the differences on N6ii previously, but was corrected that they are both but the same
I preferred the Cayin app to the Hilby on my N6ii-RO1 seems smoother and better sound
I think its also good for our brains to learn new patterns like increasing volume by going counterclockwise...so enjoy it Rather than trying to change it😉

Apr 30, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #3,321 of 5,571
I preferred the Cayin app to the Hilby on my N6ii-RO1 seems smoother and better sound
This also the case with N8ii, somehow to my ears the Cayin app sounds better, more spacious and transparent sound.

May 1, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #3,326 of 5,571
May 1, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #3,328 of 5,571
This also the case with N8ii, somehow to my ears the Cayin app sounds better, more spacious and transparent sound.
+1. I prefer using the Cayin app to play local music on both the N8ii and N6ii Ti w/R01 board. For some reason it just sounds better plus the interface is a bit cleaner.

May 1, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #3,330 of 5,571
Anyone running UApp ... 🤔
I use UAPP on the n8ii. I find it a great "one stop shop" solution because it allows me to integrate Tidal into it and play locally stored music in one app. Just make sure you enable "bit perfect" mode on initial set up and adjust the music quality to Hi RES or Lossless in Tidal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back