Cayin N7: A Voyager of Unexplored Frontier
Sep 27, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,606 of 1,852
I always find it amazing how people manage to dissect the different sound characteristics so precisely. thanks for that. For comparison, I had three DAPs, the Sony NW WM 1am2, the Ibasso DX300 and the N7. The Sony was out of the races very quickly. It was very close between the DX300 and the N7, but I actually found the presentation of the voices on the N7 to be a bit better, which is why I decided on the N7.
Thank you for the kind words :) I agree, the way the N7 presents vocals is quite intoxicating and I love how natural it sounds.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #1,607 of 1,852
IMG_9511.jpeg

Received my much awaited new DAP.
My third Cayin, after N5ii and N6ii.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #1,610 of 1,852
Thank you for the kind words :) I agree, the way the N7 presents vocals is quite intoxicating and I love how natural it sounds.
When you go to NativeDSD.com and download some DSD512f music like Carmen Gomes Thousand Shades of Blue album or Ray album by same Artist, you will almost jump out of your sit with the palpable solid images coming from your system, this is where the Cayin N7 gaps all competitors considerably. This is because of the Bitstream custom designed discrete components DAC by Cayin!!!

Sep 29, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #1,611 of 1,852
When you go to NativeDSD.com and download some DSD512f music like Carmen Gomes Thousand Shades of Blue album or Ray album by same Artist, you will almost jump out of your sit with the palpable solid images coming from your system, this is where the Cayin N7 gaps all competitors considerably. This is because of the Bitstream custom designed discrete components DAC by Cayin!!!
I'll test it, but the files are damn big

Oct 2, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #1,615 of 1,852
Oct 6, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #1,616 of 1,852
I am curious what does the "driver_mode" in the USB setting mean? Also, I get an issue with playing DSD from Hqplayer in Ubuntu. I from my HQplayer, it recognize the DSD file and upsampling it to DSD512. However, my N7 keeps displaying the sampling rate at 768kHz. I get DSD run in the Windows setting. Anything I need to change?

FYI, here's Hqplayer showed:

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-10-06 11-13-56.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-06 11-13-56.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #1,617 of 1,852
Hey all, what is the general consensus of adding an amp to the Cayin N7?

I am currently considering the Cayin C9, Brise Tsu, and Mass Kobo 475?

Is it possible to make the sound more dynamic, more punchy for pairing with Tia Fourte and neutral reference IEMs, for listening to more dynamic genres like Pop?

How is the tube sound on the Cayin C9 as compared to solid state? Thanks

Oct 8, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #1,618 of 1,852
Hey all, what is the general consensus of adding an amp to the Cayin N7?

The N7 LO is great, moreover with its pre amp mode. So it’s rather a good idea if the fact of having an amp to carry doesn‘t bother you, it’ll elevate N7‘s sound.

I am currently considering the Cayin C9, Brise Tsu, and Mass Kobo 475?

They are all 3 great with different qualities, you should read the different feedbacks on the Watercooler thread or each amp dedicated thread and reviews to learn more about (and also Twister6 reviews here and here).

Is it possible to make the sound more dynamic, more punchy for pairing with Tia Fourte and neutral reference IEMs, for listening to more dynamic genres like Pop?

Yes but not as much as changing your IEMs for others more suiting your taste imho.

How is the tube sound on the Cayin C9 as compared to solid state? Thanks

Its a different taste, but not as much tube sounding like a desktop tube amps could be b.e.
It colors a bit the sound but not too much, you could also read more precise feedbacks on C9 thread and reviews.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #1,620 of 1,852
Hi N7 lovers
After having the Fiio M17 for quite a while, I am willing to try this N7 that really is intriguing for me.
If someone is willing to trade, please send me a PM.

UK only please.
Thanks

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back