Cayin N7: A Voyager of Unexplored Frontier
Feb 22, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #196 of 1,852
The N7 is, imo, the culmination in 1 device of all the research and development (and return on investment) of the N6ii and its motherboards, it seems to me the right approach, let's be happy to have a company like Cayin that innovates despite the critics and conservatism and offers us a DAP with new features, perhaps unique ...

My biggest reproach, and it's valid for all manufacturers, is to have given up the possibility to simply change the battery of any DAP on the market. It's an abberation for the longevity of the hardware, (having to go through manufacturers' returns is stupid), the N6ii is a device that could have an extremely long life. I would have liked to see this from Cayin who nevertheless designs equipment with a remarkable longevity.

The upcoming N7 looks like an extremely innovative hardware and software choice.

:relaxed:

Feb 22, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #200 of 1,852
Cayin’s face when the details have been fully exposed a day early..

A28068B4-F650-4226-A76C-8542DA5DA6C2.jpeg

Feb 22, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #201 of 1,852
@Pleo well that's the biggest spoiler ever. :) So we have all the details now apart from the price, some were saying $2000 I'm hoping its nearer to $1500 for sanity's sake, not that I'm buying one but I look forward to reading everyone's impressions over the next few weeks.

Edit:
And it has an FPGA that will convert everything PCM to DSD 512, that's pretty unique in a DAP.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #202 of 1,852
Now that the n7 is getting android 12, just wondering would the n8ii also get a android 12 update in the future.

Feb 22, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #204 of 1,852
@Pleo well that's the biggest spoiler ever. :)
And it has an FPGA that will convert everything PCM to DSD 512, that's pretty unique in a DAP.

Well, I wouldn't call it a spoiler. All I did was to type "N7" in the search tab in Cayin's site and... there it is!

There are a lot more new features in the N7 from what I see. They really are into unexplored frontiers with this one.

Feb 22, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #208 of 1,852
It seems like a miniaturisation of their how-to in previous generation of decoder like CD and SA-CD.

I wonder the nano size of the discrete silicon.
How much low nano meters Cayin had access to.

Looks like with that they're going on their own silicon path for coming product.
Like Apple ARM it's a clear advantage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back