Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO
Jan 25, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #1,966 of 1,977
Hi Andy,
Could you help me to sort this probléme again: my n6 shuting down when i play the music if the plug is in the phone plug. and the batterie look not correspond to real pourcentage
Reset dosen't fix anything ...
Thank you
Thomas

Happy New Year

I have the same problem. N6 always shut down when I plug the cable into PO when the battery level is about %50. @Andykong , @CayinSupport what should we do to solve this issue? I calibrated the battery; fully discharged and charged it again. It does not work.

There is one workaround for that. Just after powering up N6, if you connect it to the charger with a micro usb cable before the operating systems starts(just when the message is written on the screen), then it works again. When the usb cable is connected, just plug your headphone; start listening then remove the usb cable from the charger.

@Andykong , @CayinSupport what is the root cause of this problem?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #1,967 of 1,977
Hello, I just bought a Cayin N6 of which I am happy. I have question: when used as USB DAC, can the option to charge from laptop be deactivated ? This consumes laptop battery fast.

Another problem: the sound is neutral with a slight hint of warm, would headsets like Dune DN 2000j fit?

Sorry, you can't deactivate the charging setting when connected as USB Audio device.
A modded cable that removed the pin 1 (VCC) connection should stop the charging theoretically, if this is very important issue, you can give it a try.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 29, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #1,968 of 1,977
Hi Andy,
Could you help me to sort this probléme again: my n6 shuting down when i play the music if the plug is in the phone plug. and the batterie look not correspond to real pourcentage
Reset dosen't fix anything ...
Thank you
Thomas

Happy New Year

I have the same problem. N6 always shut down when I plug the cable into PO when the battery level is about %50. @Andykong , @CayinSupport what should we do to solve this issue? I calibrated the battery; fully discharged and charged it again. It does not work.

There is one workaround for that. Just after powering up N6, if you connect it to the charger with a micro usb cable before the operating systems starts(just when the message is written on the screen), then it works again. When the usb cable is connected, just plug your headphone; start listening then remove the usb cable from the charger.

@Andykong , @CayinSupport what is the root cause of this problem?

If this happened to all headphones plug, the most likely cause is the detection mechanism is faulty. N6 phone jack has a detection circuit that activitate or pause the player when you insert or unplug your headphone. It'll also trigger a safety protection (turn of the player to avoid further damage) when they detect larger then normal current flow in the connection.

Occasionally the safety protection can be triggered by (1) unplug and plug in connector quickly within a short time, or (2) the headphone jack falls outside the tolerance range of standard 3.5mm connection. To eliminate (1) you can insert the headphone into N6 at power off status, and then turn on the N6.

If the problem persist, it probably indicated that the detection pin is not working properly. I suggest you bring your N6 to your Cayin dealer for an on-site inspection with their headphone, and send the N6 to us for repair through your dealer. If you need further assistance on repair service, you can drop an email to service@cayin.cn.

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #1,969 of 1,977
We would like to thank all our friends, customers and partners for your continuous support throughout the year. We shall take a short break to reunion with our family and celebrate the Chinese New Year. We shall resume office on 14th February 2019.

Chinese New year 2019.jpg

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #1,970 of 1,977

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #1,971 of 1,977
Is there someone who opened up the Cayin N6? I need to open up the device to replace my broken microusb port. Wanna know how to open up the back part without harming it. Thanks.

Edit: To pull out the carbon fibre back heatgun is needed. Cayin service replied me fast on the instructions. My one is snapped to two parts while taking apart but the repair was success. Thanks Cayin.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #1,972 of 1,977
Guys, please let me know your opinion if purchase on N6 is justified in 2020.

It is clear, that UI and control is outdated. But considering the SQ only, to which modern player N6 can be compared? N6-2 T01 utilizes the same dac, but costs 3-4 times more.
There are also a bunch of mid-tier players, like Shanling M6, Fiio M11, Hiby R6 Pro etc. Do they demonstrate perceptively higher level of sound than N6?

Based from my memory, N6 sounded on the brighter side. Please let me know if it is correct.

Mar 7, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #1,973 of 1,977
On the sound side it's not bad,I found it pretty close to the Fiio M11 Pro,but there are Ui issues,it shows the wrong battery level. It has no fast charge and is difficult to load. if you like his sound and it's a good price its ok. But be aware,regardless of the software version,it will display the battery level incorrectly an will stay with it for 4 hours to charge.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #1,975 of 1,977
In this case I think the N6 will look bright too. neither did I like the M11 Pro nor the N6. i recommend you look for something from iBasso, have another sound philosophy or Fiio X7 mk.2,neutral but at same time musical.

Apr 10, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #1,976 of 1,977
My Cayin N6 battery level shows 30% of the charge left but then 20 minutes after it can turn off on its own. Is there a battery protection from deep discharge? I mean, shall I turn off the player myself before it turns off on its own?

Apr 14, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #1,977 of 1,977
My Cayin N6 battery level shows 30% of the charge left but then 20 minutes after it can turn off on its own. Is there a battery protection from deep discharge? I mean, shall I turn off the player myself before it turns off on its own?

Maybe the battery is aged and it can't hold the charge, maybe the battery guage is not right, so the system reported a wrong battery capacity. you can try to recalibrate the battery gauge (HERE) , if the situation improved, that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back