Cayin N3Ultra: an Entry-level Portable DAP that Delivers a Complete Vacuum Tube Audio Experience
Apr 8, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #316 of 646
For the Cayin music player (and HiBY, too) on my N7, there are options under the Scan Music setting to ignore files smaller than 500KB or less than 60s. This can be turned off. It's on by default. Doesn't the N3Ultra player have this, too?

Apr 8, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #319 of 646
The Cayin music player on my N7 does let you create playlists and add songs easily enough. It doesn't appear the playlist can be re-ordered. I always shuffle playlists, so this limitation isn't important to me, but I can understand it is to others. I'm assuming the N3Ultra will use the same player. I made playlists using foobar, and saved them to the SD card to be imported. I suppose if you do this, then you can re-order and re-import. A bit of a pain, but do-able. My personal pet peeve is that there isn't an option to ignore the leading "The" when sorting by artist, so a large number of my Artists are under T. I sure wish Hiby would fix that!

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #321 of 646
You see, if a 500$ DAP has the same tubes as the 3k$ one, you can be happy.
But if your 3k$ DAP has the same tubes as the 500$ one, mayhaps you will be worried.
This is only true if only the tube is influing to the sound. Overall your statement is incorrect.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #322 of 646
I’d like to draw everyone’s attention away from the tubes being the same as the SP3000T, to ask about the signal path designed around AK’s tubes: ie does it have an analog volume control?

Not a rhetorical question, I really don’t know.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #323 of 646
The Cayin music player on my N7 does let you create playlists and add songs easily enough. It doesn't appear the playlist can be re-ordered. I always shuffle playlists, so this limitation isn't important to me, but I can understand it is to others. I'm assuming the N3Ultra will use the same player. I made playlists using foobar, and saved them to the SD card to be imported. I suppose if you do this, then you can re-order and re-import. A bit of a pain, but do-able. My personal pet peeve is that there isn't an option to ignore the leading "The" when sorting by artist, so a large number of my Artists are under T. I sure wish Hiby would fix that!
I have the N7 too but the player in N7 is actually just a reskinned Hiby Music Player, which doesn't allow custom playlist, when I wrote to Hiby they admit it is silly that they can't do custom playlist also but that's just how it is for now, I believe the n3ultra uses another interface so that's why I asked, someone from a shop told me that may not but I will demo it this month to see if it is possible...

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #325 of 646
Looks like Musicteck received their shipment. My N3Ultra with green case is on it's way!
Noticed that too! Same except blue case. Get it tomorrow. Congrats! So excited!

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #327 of 646
Noticed that too! Same except blue case. Get it tomorrow. Congrats! So excited!

Mine also with the blue case has shipped and will most likely be here tomorrow!

What IEM's and headphones are people planning to use with their N3Ultras? Trying to find a sub $500 IEM that will pair well considering the N3 Ultra's unique warm tube sound.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #329 of 646
Mine also with the blue case has shipped and will most likely be here tomorrow!

What IEM's and headphones are people planning to use with their N3Ultras? Trying to find a sub $500 IEM that will pair well considering the N3 Ultra's unique warm tube sound.
Sub $500, I would say the HIFIMAN Edition XS
A superb performer at a bargain price and can be enhanced further with ZMF custom Hifiman Pads

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #330 of 646
Sub $500, I would say the HIFIMAN Edition XS
A superb performer at a bargain price and can be enhanced further with ZMF custom Hifiman Pads
You can also find the Hifiman Ananda Nanos for $499 on places like Amazon. I love my pair and they are easy to drive. They even sounds good on my underpowered RS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back