Cayin N3Ultra: an Entry-level Portable DAP that Delivers a Complete Vacuum Tube Audio Experience
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #601 of 602
The N3 Ultra is a very resolving DAP , more so than my A&K Kann Max that's huge praise.

Anyone looking for a super warm experience look elsewhere in comparison my Shanling M8 and even more so now the M5 Ultra gives a much warmer smoothed over sound.

Me I am tickled pink . Modern tube 20240426_184700.jpgmode 4.4 Out to the XDUOO XD05 Pro is a surreal experience.
This is helpful, thank you. I'm going to need to add the M5 Ultra to my Shanling collection. This will be my 4th, but I've been sold on their sound for a while now.

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #602 of 602
I believe I answered that when I said "Too much information overload" Its the wrong pairing with the N3U so big thumbs down.

The DTE900 is aggressive in the upper mids and treble so the N3U really reveals all the information in a even more forward manner especially in Tube mode.

The M5U with its warmer signature balances the upper mids by taming them down a bit and smooths out the entire playback. Big thumbs up with the DTE900

On the other side of the coin the Myer-Audio CKLVX D41 and the Shanling ME600 are surreal on the N3 Ultra, with super revealing DAP'S you need to be mindful of your chain.

I certainly don't think there is any hard and fast rule, all our ears are different as is our tastes. It a subjective hobby.
I just tried the Hiby R6 Pro II and loved it because it was "hyper revealing" in a way. And my iems are already some of the most clear and detailed on the market.

The N3 Ultra is next on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back