Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Aug 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #542 of 2,518
I like the tagline on the Japanese N3Pro poster :beerchug:
"Your expectation, and the player which exceeds it"​
N3Pro-0-KV-1.jpg

From https://www.e-earphone.jp/products/detail/1279864/

They look so pretty decorated in gold! :)

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #543 of 2,518
Aug 28, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #544 of 2,518
This popped up on my Instagram feed. Cayin players tend to have an amazing synergy with Campfire IEMs and I'm really looking forward to sound impressions from people, particularly with the Andromeda.

Quite true, I met Ken Ball in many shows and we enjoy pairing our DAPs with his IEMs. Yes, it hiss slightly, but they really sing as a pair.

Triode mode of N3Pro pairs with Andromeda very well, ultralinear mode hiss more than Solid State and Triode mode.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 28, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #545 of 2,518
Andy, instead of wasting your time posting here - assemble couple extra DAPs!! :laughing:

I wish I have that skill set. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
Besides, I am based in Hong Kong, if I go back to Zhuhai, I need to quarantine 14 days before I enter the factory, and when I left Zhuhai and get back to Hong Kong, I need to quarantine 14 days again. So the 4 hours Hong Kong - Zhuhai return journey become 28 days now. :scream:

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #546 of 2,518
That is funny but I doubt Andy is on the assembly line LOL!!!!
When will the US has a batch of this ? I wonder !!!

Shipping out sometime new week, so round the corner already.

Aug 28, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #547 of 2,518
Quite true, I met Ken Ball in many shows and we enjoy pairing our DAPs with his IEMs. Yes, it hiss slightly, but they really sing as a pair.

Triode mode of N3Pro pairs with Andromeda very well, ultralinear mode hiss more than Solid State and Triode mode.

I also enjoy N3Pro pair up with Andro in Triode mode over Ultralinear and Solid State. And regarding hissing, it is not even that pronounced, just part of a background "waterfall" faint noise when paired up with these ultra sensitive Campfire IEMs. Also, in some weird way, I get a kick out of tapping N3Pro when listening in Tube mode, to make it ring, just as a reminder this is a real tube output :) And the ringing usually stops within 5-10 seconds.

So, yeah, good pair up with Andro, and not a bad match with a green case :D

cayin_n3pro-x11.jpg

Aug 28, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #548 of 2,518
I also enjoy N3Pro pair up with Andro in Triode mode over Ultralinear and Solid State. And regarding hissing, it is not even that pronounced, just part of a background "waterfall" faint noise when paired up with these ultra sensitive Campfire IEMs. Also, in some weird way, I get a kick out of tapping N3Pro when listening in Tube mode, to make it ring, just as a reminder this is a real tube output :) And the ringing usually stops within 5-10 seconds.

So, yeah, good pair up with Andro, and not a bad match with a green case :D

Would love to have the “oceans Waves noises” mode in choices of “waterfalls noises” Mode!!!

joking btw

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #549 of 2,518
Would love to have the “oceans Waves noises” mode in choices of “waterfalls noises” Mode!!!
Perfect to help falling asleep at night :wink:

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #550 of 2,518
This popped up on my Instagram feed. Cayin players tend to have an amazing synergy with Campfire IEMs and I'm really looking forward to sound impressions from people, particularly with the Andromeda.
3FB3AA9F-1A6B-4EAC-B3B7-A573787F9A35.PNG

Wow that song selection!
Pre J-Pop era famous song by Japanese female singer song writer.
Koibitoyo by Mayumi Itsuwa. 1980.

I think it is very rare for Japanese to listen to her in DAP, but I guess it really matches well with vacuum tube mode.

Aug 29, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #551 of 2,518
After much consideration and about 1 hour of listening the demo unit here in HK, I pulled the trigger.

Recently, I have been contemplating in giving up this rather expensive hobby, but the N3 Pro changed my decision at least for now. It's simply magical listening to the Tube sound signature. I am using a cheap pair of IEM - Kbear Tri i3. The characteristics of the i3 has always been wide soundstage with quite decent separation given being a Tribrid. More suitable for fast exciting music IMO. N3P changed the i3 to a lovely voice focused while keeping the background quite separated. I like it. I love it.

I also have a N6ii with E01. It was nice, but I thought this N3P is even more magical. Honestly, it's priced not too cheap given it provides no streaming (Tidal) support. But at this price range, you can't find anything that beats it. Given my scenario of on the verge of giving up this hobby, this is a sound lover's dream at this price range.

In the past few months, I have gone through M15, M11 while my N6ii was in China for repair :frowning2:. I didn't have the budget for AK. this is among the best buy 3K HKD range. Kudos to Cayin! They really are taking serious thoughts what music lovers like. In my opinion, other brand are more focused in making products that sells at mass quantity and simply ignoring what makes music pleasing to ears.

@Andykong , what is the life expectancy of the vacuum tube? The plastic display protector is not applied well (bubbles!) when the unit was first unboxed at the shop.

Aug 29, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #553 of 2,518
I really like the E01 too.
the N3P is not necessarily warmer.. just has more "feelings" to it when I listen to slower music.. jazz type music with vocal.

N6ii is nice, you can change the modules to your liking or to match your IEM. But to me, I am starting to think n3p alone will suffice my need. I am listening n3P with Kinera Nanna.

N3P dissipates much less heat than E01. I thought tube was supposed to get quite warm.

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #554 of 2,518
After much consideration and about 1 hour of listening the demo unit here in HK, I pulled the trigger.

Recently, I have been contemplating in giving up this rather expensive hobby, but the N3 Pro changed my decision at least for now. It's simply magical listening to the Tube sound signature. I am using a cheap pair of IEM - Kbear Tri i3. The characteristics of the i3 has always been wide soundstage with quite decent separation given being a Tribrid. More suitable for fast exciting music IMO. N3P changed the i3 to a lovely voice focused while keeping the background quite separated. I like it. I love it.

I also have a N6ii with E01. It was nice, but I thought this N3P is even more magical. Honestly, it's priced not too cheap given it provides no streaming (Tidal) support. But at this price range, you can't find anything that beats it. Given my scenario of on the verge of giving up this hobby, this is a sound lover's dream at this price range.

In the past few months, I have gone through M15, M11 while my N6ii was in China for repair :frowning2:. I didn't have the budget for AK. this is among the best buy 3K HKD range. Kudos to Cayin! They really are taking serious thoughts what music lovers like. In my opinion, other brand are more focused in making products that sells at mass quantity and simply ignoring what makes music pleasing to ears.

@Andykong , what is the life expectancy of the vacuum tube? The plastic display protector is not applied well (bubbles!) when the unit was first unboxed at the shop.

The JAN6418 can last 30,000 to 50,000 hours, we have explained this previously, you can check it out HERE for more detail.

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #555 of 2,518
I really like the E01 too.
the N3P is not necessarily warmer.. just has more "feelings" to it when I listen to slower music.. jazz type music with vocal.

N6ii is nice, you can change the modules to your liking or to match your IEM. But to me, I am starting to think n3p alone will suffice my need. I am listening n3P with Kinera Nanna.

N3P dissipates much less heat than E01. I thought tube was supposed to get quite warm.

The matched pair JAN6418 serve as a buffer instead of amplifying the audio signal.

If you are interested in the concept of tube buffer, check out Paul's explanation here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back