Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Jan 29, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,936 of 2,518
Andykong do you know how to batch resize album art ? , i know how to do it with MP3Tag, but only can get it one album at time.
I try BLISS https://www.blisshq.com/buy-fixes.html but us$79 is too much for me. (although it works perfectly)
thks, i dondt have problem using command line tool.
But i have hundreds of albums and i want to do it pain free . I know that probably with some photo editing software i can do it. But then i need to get picture from each album, resize and move it back to original folder (music/artist/album/1...2...3....1020 )
Bliss can read all your music library, then you can resize all music art to an specific size.
I was doing this but one by one album art with Mp3Tag, so... i need some days and time to finish...

Jan 30, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #1,938 of 2,518
Check the firmware number again, if it is not v2.1, that probably mean you need to go through the update procedure again.
It was still v2.0, tried restarting the device and pressing download ota a couple of times again but still “download failed”. But its ok now, figured it already downloaded it but just didnt continue to update. So i pressed “update via mem card” and it did continue the process from there. Thanks.
But have another question, do u guys have any tips to help its standby time? I know i paused it before putting it down and when i leave it for a few days when i pick it up its always at zero charge.

Jan 30, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #1,939 of 2,518
It was still v2.0, tried restarting the device and pressing download ota a couple of times again but still “download failed”. But its ok now, figured it already downloaded it but just didnt continue to update. So i pressed “update via mem card” and it did continue the process from there. Thanks.
But have another question, do u guys have any tips to help its standby time? I know i paused it before putting it down and when i leave it for a few days when i pick it up its always at zero charge.
It your “Idle Shutdown” activated?

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #1,942 of 2,518
Great player. Even cheap superlux work in triode mode This player gave them a second life
cover.jpg

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #1,943 of 2,518
Announcement of Cayin N3Pro Firmware v2.1

N3Pro Firmware Update v2.1.jpg

New Functions and System Optimization

1. Rectified the system freezing problem when navigating through complex folder hierarchy;
2. Rectified display error when playback OGG music format;
2. Other Bug fix and optimization.

Firmware Upgrade Procedure

Cayin will release firmware upgrades to enhance and optimize N3Pro as deem required, the new firmware can be acquired through OTA or manual download, since the content of these firmwares are identical, you can select whichever upgrade option that fit your needs.

Please make sure the device has sufficient battery power before you proceed. Please confirm the device has not less than 30% battery power; otherwise please charge up the player before you proceed to firmware upgrade.

Download and Upgrade Procedures

You can visit our official website to check out the upgrade procedures or download the v2.1 firmware manually.

You can also download the v2.1 firmware through our Google Drive link.

I have a question. Is it possible to add a mode for turning off the backlight of vacuum tubes off in the next software?

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #1,947 of 2,518
Hi. I am looking for a DAP for my Sennheiser HD800s and came across the N3 Pro. Do you think this player will drive them well if connected via 4.4 mm balanced cables? Do you have any recommendations if not?

Thank you very much.

Jan 31, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #1,949 of 2,518
Hi. I am looking for a DAP for my Sennheiser HD800s and came across the N3 Pro. Do you think this player will drive them well if connected via 4.4 mm balanced cables? Do you have any recommendations if not?

Thank you very much.
I don't think there are any daps thaf can drive the HD800 properly

Feb 1, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #1,950 of 2,518
May I ask three stupid questions.

1. Can I charge N3Pro while playing music?
2. Can I switch TR and UL mode while playing music?
3. Which one is better. Connect N3Pro to notebook to transfer files. Transfer files directly from notebook to SD card?

I will get mine tomorrow and I have no time to read 130 pages

Users who are viewing this thread

Back