Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Sep 14, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #826 of 2,518
I went over to a store and picked up an n3pro today. Love the sound so much; it sounds so alive.

There is an issue with navigation though; when entering the genre section, I think it'd be better to have an option to view albums instead of a list of all the songs in the genre. Also, i wish you could get to the music playing scrubbing thing when you click on a song instead of having to go back all the way to the front page.
My advice to you is to use the hiby link to connect to your phone. It's much more easier to find what you're after through your phone than the dap.

Sep 14, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #828 of 2,518
A quick update on the availability of N3Pro in international market.
  • Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand are selling N3pro already.
  • We have dispatched to US, Germany, Singapore, Korean, Taiwan and Indonesia already, and we are waiting for fright forwarder to collect the UK and Malaysia package later today.
  • Russia, Ukraine, Spain, Poland, Philippine and Vietnam are next in line, we should be able to fulfill these order within next week.
Wich shop in Spain ???🙏🏻🙏🏻

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #830 of 2,518

Attachments

• BF0800A7-6764-4640-85A1-B24301122201.png
    BF0800A7-6764-4640-85A1-B24301122201.png
    366.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 14, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #832 of 2,518
I went over to a store and picked up an n3pro today. Love the sound so much; it sounds so alive.

There is an issue with navigation though; when entering the genre section, I think it'd be better to have an option to view albums instead of a list of all the songs in the genre. Also, i wish you could get to the music playing scrubbing thing when you click on a song instead of having to go back all the way to the front page.
If you touch the round circle at the bottom it will bring you back to the track playing instead if tapping back, back, back ect.

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #833 of 2,518
Audiophile noob here. Just got the N3Pro as my first DAP. Have a question on FR graphs and translating them into EQ settings – got an Audeze iSine10 on loan and I'm at a loss at how to tune the EQ on the N3Pro. I have a PDF with lots of graphs on it to refer to but I have no idea what I'm looking at. Is it possible to tweak the sound of the iSine10 according to the recommended settings in the PDF via the N3Pro's EQ band?

Attachments

• Audeze iSine10.pdf
    309.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #834 of 2,518
Audiophile noob here. Just got the N3Pro as my first DAP. Have a question on FR graphs and translating them into EQ settings – got an Audeze iSine10 on loan and I'm at a loss at how to tune the EQ on the N3Pro. I have a PDF with lots of graphs on it to refer to but I have no idea what I'm looking at. Is it possible to tweak the sound of the iSine10 according to the settings in the PDF via the N3Pro's EQ band?

To be honest, tuning is very subjective. I don't really use it unless the file really needs it. Swipe up from the bottom to access the audio settings, you then need to turn on the EQ. From there you can select a preset mode or do a custom mode. You would need to select the custom mode and try and match the tuning you are looking for. I'm not sure this answers your question or not.

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #835 of 2,518
I
Audiophile noob here. Just got the N3Pro as my first DAP. Have a question on FR graphs and translating them into EQ settings – got an Audeze iSine10 on loan and I'm at a loss at how to tune the EQ on the N3Pro. I have a PDF with lots of graphs on it to refer to but I have no idea what I'm looking at. Is it possible to tweak the sound of the iSine10 according to the settings in the PDF via the N3Pro's EQ band?
I would say go for it - experiment and see what works but be mindful of what you're trying to correct or enhance by using EQ. For example, my modded TH-X00 have peaks in the upper mids and lower treble that I find harsh, so I try and correct this (according to my subjective preference) by cutting those frequencies until it sounds 'right' for me.
At this point it becomes 'set and forget' for me - I will select that custom EQ profile when using those headphones but I won't tweak it according to genre, output stage selected (i.e. SS, UL or TR) or individual file - it would get too fiddly for me and detract from my enjoyment of the music.

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #836 of 2,518
Sep 14, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #837 of 2,518
Sep 14, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #840 of 2,518
One thing I really like to use with N3Pro is the ability to work as Bluetooth receiver and could even send the output to external DAC (essentially making my WA11 bluetooth-ready). Even LDAC works and lag is compensated well on my Note10+, unlike Shanling implementation (I have M0 and Q1) that caused significant audio lag.

The only thing I hope Cayin could address is, the current playing list is gone once we enter Bluetooth receiver mode. So sometime I listened to offline files, then I need to watch something on Youtube via Bluetooth, and then afterward, I wanted to continue listening offline and now I had to go back to look for my album/song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back