Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Sep 8, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #751 of 2,518
There is 1 particular large music folder which breakdown into smaller folders on my micro sd that keeps crashing and restarting the Cayin N3pro when I start to play music from that folder . It doesn’t happen right away . Sometimes few seconds and sometimes over 20 seconds. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sep 8, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #753 of 2,518
Not bad tube dap. But i feel bx4 a step up.
IMG_20200909_014801.jpg

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #755 of 2,518
Not bad tube dap. But i feel bx4 a step up. IMG_20200909_014801.jpg

Damn I thought the n3p would be better than the bx4 with it's different modes. I mise well save 380 dollars and just pair my dap with that. Even though the n3p is more compact. I already have a nice SS dap. I mean 2 people like bx4 better.

Sep 8, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #756 of 2,518
Damn I thought the n3p would be better than the bx4 with it's different modes. I mise well save 380 dollars and just pair my dap with that. Even though the n3p is more compact. I already have a nice SS dap. I mean 2 people like bx4 better.
i dun have golden ear. That's is my preference but n3pro is my only dap only so i still use it. i would say is different kind of tube signature.

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #757 of 2,518
i dun have golden ear. That's is my preference but n3pro is my only dap only so i still use it. i would say is different kind of tube signature.

What do you like about the bx- 4compared to n3p? Bigger stage? More warmth? More power? More detail? I'm just curious and don't have 'golden' ears either:)

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #758 of 2,518

Can you please be a little more specific how you compare it? You said you have N3Pro as you only DAP and you have BX4 tube amp. Are you comparing BX4 connected to your smartphone vs N3Pro, or N3Pro LO + BX4 vs N3Pro, or N3Pro HO + BX4? And which iems, the audeze LCDi4 with a regular cable?

Sep 8, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #759 of 2,518
Can you please be a little more specific how you compare it? You said you have N3Pro as you only DAP and you have BX4 tube amp. Are you comparing BX4 connected to your smartphone vs N3Pro, or N3Pro LO + BX4 vs N3Pro, or N3Pro HO + BX4? And which iems, the audeze LCDi4 with a regular cable?
i try n3pro LO to bx4 and alone with n3pro tube mode.
I have desktop for iem and hp too.
Last time i only use mobile LO to bx4.
i have other cable for i4. i have use my iem to listen too.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #760 of 2,518
What do you like about the bx- 4compared to n3p? Bigger stage? More warmth? More power? More detail? I'm just curious and don't have 'golden' ears either:)
I would think bx4(v5i opamp) with n3pro LO is more warmer and bigger soundstage compare just n3pro alone.But not major difference. Just a step higher only. But that what i feel everyone hear difference and preference.

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #761 of 2,518
I would think bx4(v5i opamp) with n3pro LO is more warmer and bigger soundstage compare just n3pro alone.But not major difference. Just a step higher only. But that what i feel everyone hear difference and preference.

Thnx for the info. So that's not the stock op amps?

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #762 of 2,518

True, sounds like a preference of a different sound coloring :) That is what fascinates me about these portable tube gadgets.

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #765 of 2,518
I got my N3pro two days ago and I quite enjoy the tube sound in UL mode. I use the TRI mode if I want extra smoothness, it works really well on song that’s vocal focused. All the mid details just come alive. I didn’t spend too much time on 4.4 but it sounds pretty good from my brief listing time.
1B076467-CE7C-4DE1-9914-0610CF916C47.jpeg

I do have a strange issue though. I was navigating to a few particular songs from the folder menu in the sdcard and while it is been played, I taped the option icon (three dots on the top right corner), the menu shows up but the song play will start to stutter and the screen will freeze and the player restarts. I can reproduce this behaviour with a few particular songs.
With the same song, if I tried navigating thru the Album menu, the freeze problem doesn’t occur.

I have also tried formatting the sdcard and reload the songs (windows does complain about errors on card and needed to do scan and fix), but the problem didn’t go away.

Anyone has a similar problem?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back