Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Sep 25, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #1,336 of 2,988
It is curious to see how the people who most criticize the CAYIN N30LE do not own it. Don't feel obligated to give your opinion on everything, it's not necessary.
Have a fantastic day!
That is your perception, in my words "defensive" response. Me - and I guess other potential/prospect buyers - were just surprised by the flow of events and Cayin's initial response. What was communicated today is the best possible reaction i.m.o. and will - for many - take away any concerns.

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #1,338 of 2,988
Dear Valued N30LE and N30LE Amber Pearl Customers,

Since the release of N30LE, there has been user feedback regarding the "hissing" issue with the 4.4mm balanced output in Class A amplification mode (or Hyper mode) when paired with certain IEM/headphones/cables. After careful research by our engineers and testing with headphone samples provided by our enthusiastic users, we have developed a solution by adjusting the static working current of our discrete amplification circuit in N30LE. We explained our solution last week and have confirmed the solution is working effectively. At the same time, we have completed the related rectification and testing of the N30LE in our inventory.

We, Cayin will offer 5 years extended warranty to N30LE and N30LE Amber Pearl combo on hissing problem at Class A amplification and then the warranty period for this phenomenon will expire on September 30, 2028. Please kindly note in advance the extended coverage will only apply to hissing problem when N30LE operates in Class A amplification mode and Modified or unauthorized repaired N30LE and N30LE Amber Pearl will not be entitle to this extended warranty.

As we are approaching a long National Holiday, we will prepare a batch of brand new N30LE to be sent to our Dealers for replacement before the Holiday. Users who are experiencing this phenomenon can get contact with our agents where you bought the unit and they will collect information such as the serial number of your DAP and other related information and will work out the logistics with you in person.

Please remove your TF card from the N30LE when returning it to the dealer, and protect the DAP with proper care.

Finally, Cayin will continue to adhere to product innovation and development, as well as continuously improve the product experience. The occurrence of this specific probabilistic issue with N30LE reflects our shortcomings. This is a valuable experience as well as the driving force behind our continuous progress.

Cayin Team

Cayin, Never be the Same Again.
Love it! Ty :)

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #1,342 of 2,988
@Andykong Is it possible when someday my AP DAP have a hissing problem and I send back only the DAP without the IEM or I have to send it back as a bundle? Thanks 😁
Only send the DAP to your dealer, preferably in the leather case for protection during mailing. There is no need to send the Amber Pearl IEM for the sake of warranty coverage of your DAP.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 25, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #1,345 of 2,988
I am sort of shocked by the different responses I am reading here. Just to highlight I have no stake in this just yet because I am only looking at this as a potential buyer.

Big applaud to Cayin for trying to get ahead of this situation but also it really shouldn't happen in the first place.

Regardless I am also glad some people are enjoying this DAP and hopefully a solution will be found by Cayin so they can continue to enjoy their new toy.
It's fine to complain about QC for a high end TOTL DAP. Personally, I think these guys at Cayin deserve a medal for trying to push the envelope on the N30LE. No one sees the hours of hard work they had to put in to bring this out and try to get the best for the 30th Anniversary. I hope it does not take away their efforts spent on it. I am not lucky enough to own a N30LE but I have purchased their last 4 models out and really still enjoying the N8ii till now. I wish I could get one and spend some time to appreciate it.

Sep 26, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #1,346 of 2,988
It is curious to see how the people who most criticize the CAYIN N30LE do not own it. Don't feel obligated to give your opinion on everything, it's not necessary.
In any forum/thread any person must be free to write his own ideas/considerations.
To do this, no certificate of ownership is required.
So your comment is somewhat surreal and unhelpful

Sep 26, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #1,347 of 2,988
The extended warranty covers the hissing problem of the unit, so it will apply to the N30LE unit.
Many thanks for the quick response, honesty and devotion of time and resources to fix the issue. Hopefully owners and future owners of the N30LE / Amber Pearl combo can now enjoy their units.

Sep 26, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #1,348 of 2,988
In any forum/thread any person must be free to write his own ideas/considerations.
To do this, no certificate of ownership is required.
So your comment is somewhat surreal and unhelpful
Of course they are free :)
As usual there is the question - like in real life - of where does your freedom stop and usually in societies that's when it's detrimental to others.

The only interesting thing is those posts derailing the thread come from those who don't own the device so there is that... but that's not the first thread where I see this pattern of broken records meant to inflame a thread (to what purpose? I wonder... :thinking: ) and derail it from the actual impressions or questions from potential owners :thumbsdown:.

Given that Cayin has been proactive and communicative about the hiss issue, comments about this being unacceptable on a 5K device and saying they would get a refund although they don't own the device is pretty puzzling:thinking:. Especially when it's hammering again and again the same comments to the point that it becomes the only content on the thread (talk about trolling... :smiling_imp:). I personally just ignore them at some point. I've learned that's something best handled by the moderating crew, trying to interfere only makes it worse...

Luckily it stopped before it came to that :pray:

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #1,349 of 2,988
Of course they are free :)
As usual there is the question - like in real life - of where does your freedom stop and usually in societies that's when it's detrimental to others.

The only interesting thing is those posts derailing the thread come from those who don't own the device so there is that... but that's not the first thread where I see this pattern of broken records meant to inflame a thread (to what purpose? I wonder... :thinking: ) and derail it from the actual impressions or questions from potential owners :thumbsdown:.

Given that Cayin has been proactive and communicative about the hiss issue, comments about this being unacceptable on a 5K device and saying they would get a refund although they don't own the device is pretty puzzling:thinking:. Especially when it's hammering again and again the same comments to the point that it becomes the only content on the thread (talk about trolling... :smiling_imp:). I personally just ignore them at some point. I've learned that's something best handled by the moderating crew, trying to interfere only makes it worse...

Luckily it stopped before it came to that :pray:
Sooo first weeks of ownership are over, does the N30LE still captivate you like on day one?

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #1,350 of 2,988
Sooo first weeks of ownership are over, does the N30LE still captivate you like on day one?
Yes it does!

I am cumulating sleepless nigts in fact :p
I just can't put it down... 4am last night (again).
One thing about this DAP is how engaging it is... technical performance serves the purpose of musical enjoyment first and foremost...

I have sold RS8, N7 and soon M9 Plus, I'll probably keep WM1ZM2 for smaller form factor but right now each time I swicth back to any other DAP I feel like I step down to another league. I would really be interested to find someone with DX320 Max to do some A/B, I guess prefering one or the other will be down to personal preferences or pair up synergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back